Could this be the same person?

Archived and completed military topics.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, apowell

Could this be the same person?

Postby BC Wench » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:57 pm

An unmarried man enlists for the Army on 5th June 1912 and by 15 July 1915 he is struck off as a deserter. His parents are stated as his next of kin.

On 2 March 1913 he marries.

On 16 February 1915 he enlists for the Army with his wife as his next of kin and on another paper it states his 2 children, one being born in 1914 and one in 1915.

Is it possible for him to be a deserter and then join up again?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Re: Could this be the same person?

Postby Annie » Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:54 pm

Not sure BCWench, I have one who deserted (maybe it was because he got word saying his three brothers had all been killed) then he signed on again but in different name , my cousin got all the details about him from somewhere .

Annie
Annie

Postby BC Wench » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:05 pm

Thanks very much Annie for your reply. I've got an inkling that this is what happened to the chappie I'm looking for. He didn't change his name, but his address and next of kin was different on when he enlisted the second time. On his second set of papers it states that he had a tattoo on his left wrist, but can't find anything that states that fact on the first lot of papers, which would more than likely make it being the same person.

Thanks again.
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Postby Annie » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:28 pm

We had been looking for this ancestor for ages, and the name he used the second time was a neighbours he did not make a name up , it was a lady who had been researching the Faulkner brothers 3 whom were all killed in the 2nd world war and told us about the army record papers on him.

It looks like yours is the same person I would bet.
Annie
Annie

Return to Archived Topics