Looking for help

Archived and completed military topics.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, apowell

Looking for help

Postby pacman_23 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:00 pm

Can anyone help?
I am trying to seek information concerning my Grandfather from my Fathers side.
I know very little about him and do not know of anyone that I can ask to get the full picture, however this is what I know about him.
Full name as I am led to believe is George Smith, Birth (approx) 1897 - 98. Place of birth unknown. Father Thomas Smith. There is a rumour that George came from London, where in London I don't know, that's been my stumbling point.

Joined the army quite young around 17 and around 1914-15 this is a complete guess based on what I have and served in the WWI, which regiment I do not know however there is a story that he was wounded at some point during his service by a hand-grenade explosion however cannot confirm this.

He came back to England and on the 24/10/1920 he married my Grandmother Emily Slater at the Holy Trinity Church West Bromwich. When George got married Thomas Smith was deceased, Also that at the time of marriage George was registered at the Slater family home of 15, Boulton Road Handsworth, Witnesses at the wedding were Joseph Dixon and Eliza Willetts, JD was in fact a Slater and went by the name of Dixon, it a long story so will not go into that.

They went onto to have three children, Doris (B) Approx 1922, Vera (B) 1925, Enean (B) 1927 Denis George (B) 1934 (My Father).
The only other information is that he did have a job at Dudley Guest Hospital in the 60's as a porter.
He died 03/01/66.

I know that it will be like looking for a needle in a haystack but I am hopeful someone may be able to help.
pacman_23

Re: Looking for help

Postby MarkCDodd » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:55 pm

This is being dealt with in Brick Walls.
Black Holes happen when God divides by zero.
MarkCDodd

Re: Looking for help

Postby apowell » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:00 am

Hi,

I will archive this to ensure no duplicte posts.

If required I can move back again.

Regards
Adrian
apowell

Return to Archived Topics