Alfred Edgar JUKES RAFVR

Archived and completed military topics.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, apowell

Alfred Edgar JUKES RAFVR

Postby norfolkgirl » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:10 am

I am an aircrew researcher seeking info and uniformed photo of a Sergeant Alfred Edgar JUKES RAFVR ,Born 1922
Parents Alfred & Annie(nee Pritchard) of West Bromwich,Staffs.

Beleived to have had sister Joan,Elsie
He was kia aged 21 on 30th June 1944
Rear Gunner

51 squadron

This is for a Remembrance page

Many thanks
linda
Last edited by norfolkgirl on Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
norfolkgirl

Re: Alfred Edgar JUKES RAFVR

Postby Antie Em » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:51 am

Hello Linda - nice to see you here - hope you manage to find him - Maggie
There's no place like home ......
Antie Em

Postby Andrew Medley » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:38 pm

Dear Linda ,
my name is Andrew Medley , son of Joan who was uncle Alfs younger sister. Mom passed away in 2006 never managing to visit uncle Alfs grave, and i am now the custodian of our family history.This includes uncle Alfs wartime photos and telegram reporting his death.
I came across your request a few days ago and most grateful for the rememberance page your society has created for Alf and his crew i have always wondered about his story. My uncle volunteered for the RAF as he was in a reserved occupation as an engineer he originally tried to become a pilot but told he was too small to fit the requirments, therefore trained as an airgunner. He was engaged to be married to a Miss P T Robins on return from service.
Once again you have filled a large gap in my family history and the extraordinary thing i found out from from your site about the final mission is.....at Villiers Bocage the SS Panzer units who were holding up my fathers division the 11th armoured group ,i realise that without the airiel attack my fathers unit would have been wiped out by superior forces. My father never knew Alf as he and mom married in 1949.
If possible could you let me know how you came by the photograph of uncle Alf , is there someone out there still alive that knew him ?.
Sincere thanks Andrew.
Andrew Medley

Postby peterd » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:08 pm

Andrew Medley wrote:Dear Linda ,
my name is Andrew Medley , son of Joan who was uncle Alfs younger sister. Mom passed away in 2006 never managing to visit uncle Alfs grave, and i am now the custodian of our family history.This includes uncle Alfs wartime photos and telegram reporting his death.
I came across your request a few days ago and most grateful for the rememberance page your society has created for Alf and his crew i have always wondered about his story. My uncle volunteered for the RAF as he was in a reserved occupation as an engineer he originally tried to become a pilot but told he was too small to fit the requirments, therefore trained as an airgunner. He was engaged to be married to a Miss P T Robins on return from service.
Once again you have filled a large gap in my family history and the extraordinary thing i found out from from your site about the final mission is.....at Villiers Bocage the SS Panzer units who were holding up my fathers division the 11th armoured group ,i realise that without the airiel attack my fathers unit would have been wiped out by superior forces. My father never knew Alf as he and mom married in 1949.
If possible could you let me know how you came by the photograph of uncle Alf , is there someone out there still alive that knew him ?.
Sincere thanks Andrew.

andrew might be better to send norfolk girl a Pm, the forum will generate an email telling her she has a message

pete
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Return to Archived Topics