Wolverhampton Street School, Dudley, 1924

General news and topics relating to the photo gallery.

Moderators: admin, mallosa

Wolverhampton Street School, Dudley, 1924

Postby Tonibunny » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:06 am

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this isn't the right place to put this, but I just had to share it with someone!

I was just surfing around the web when I stumbled across the following photo on the Black Country Bugle website, and my eyes nearly boggled out of my head:

http://www.blackcountrybugle.co.uk/blac ... ?ID=468615

I have a copy of this exact same photo - a very well preserved copy! My great aunt Doris Edwards is on the front row, fourth from the left. Up until now I wasn't sure which school she was in, or what year the photo was taken. Doris lived at 9 Nith Place and would have been 12 in 1924.

I've emailed the Bugle to offer them a copy of my version of the pic, as I'm sure that the lady who sent in this one would love it. I've also cheekily mentioned the fact that the BCC has just reached 40,000 individuals, on behalf of Jan :grin:

Toni xx
Tonibunny

Re: Wolverhampton Street School, Dudley, 1924

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:52 am

Hi Toni

You are fine in here!
and well done wot a nice gesture
can you let me have a copy too as I can add it to the School album we have.

:grin: :wink:
Northern Lass

Postby Tonibunny » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:13 am

Hi Jan,

I've been putting all of my photos onto Flickr, do take a look and grab any that you think would be useful:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62533471@N ... 532727217/

I have loads so I didn't want to clutter up the servers here! There's a really nice wedding photo of Rena Pardoe (daughter of Ma Pardoe, landlady of the Old Swan in Netherton) though. The Pardoes were close friends with my family; my gran used to sit with them in the Old Swan during the war when my grandfather was away, and Rena here is my uncle's godmother.

Toni xx
Tonibunny

Postby mallosa » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:37 pm

PHOTOS!.... did you mentioned photos, Toni? :shock:

Just had a look at yours on Flickr, some really nice one's!
Can I be cheeky and ask if maybe you would like any adding to our 'Family Albums' or for that matter, anywhere else in the Gallery?

Mally
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Return to Gallery General Discussion