Beaumont Road

General news and topics relating to the photo gallery.

Moderators: admin, mallosa

Beaumont Road

Postby Frodo » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:12 pm

There are several photos in the gallery of the Taylor/Manger houses on Beaumont Road but I was wondering if anyone had any more information on the road or the roads nearby. I was speaking recently to my distant cousin who is descended from David Manger through his second marriage and he has memories of visiting Beaumont Road and seeing some wooden built houses - does anyone know anything about them?
Frodo

Re: Beaumont Road

Postby BC Wench » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:01 am

I'm presuming the Beaumont Road is the one in Blackheath?

Have you seen the National Library of Scotland web site for maps https://maps.nls.uk/os/25inch-england-and-wales/

Under "Browse the Maps" click on "As individual sheets using a zoomable....." under Place Name on the left had side type in Blackheath, drop down list click on Blackheath Sandwell, click on the square "Blackheath", on right hand side it gives various years of maps, click on one of those and there's the map.

Can't help with the wooden built houses though. Hope this helps
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Postby Frodo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:37 pm

Thanks I hadn't seen the website you mentioned - I'll have a look when I get chance (family I'll health means time is hard to find at the moment). Yes it is the Beaumont Road in Black Heath/Rowley - I know from Google Earth that the houses Nathan Taylor built still stand and appear to have been whitewashed.
Frodo

Postby emilytaylormccall » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:57 pm

I am so thrilled to find family on this site! My name is Emily Taylor-McCall. I live in Michigan, in Clinton County where Nathan Taylor actually settled a farm for 5 years during his first emigration. My grandpa is Gordon Taylor, who passed this past April. I have my hands on his memoirs which include the memoirs of David Manger, Nathan Taylor, Albert Taylor, and more. I'm fascinated by our history and am more in love with our family than ever. I would really enjoy seeing the Google Earth images of the homes that Nathan built, especially after reading about them in the memoirs.
emilytaylormccall

Return to Gallery General Discussion