Gravestones at St John, Halesowen

General news and topics relating to the photo gallery.

Moderators: admin, mallosa

Re: Gravestones at St John, Halesowen

Postby mallosa » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:15 pm

:lol: Thanks Rob!

I think everyone's got the message now :wink:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby Silver surfer » Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:39 pm

Well done to you both. I've looked at the photos of headstones at Halesowen and found one of mine. The parents are on BCC but not the children. Don't know if you want to check them out but the info I have is:
Thomas Burley 1762-1841 married Elizabeth Brecknell. Their son Thomas married Elizabeth Parkes and their 2 sons on headstone are Benjamin Brecknell Burley and Isaac Parkes Burley. There is also another Benjamin Brecknell Burley to complicate things and he is the younger ones Uncle.

Hope my facts are correct as ages since I did them and finding info has progressed in that time.
Researching Foley, Burley, Dean, Danks, Smith, Pugh, Hughes, Shakespeare.
Silver surfer

Postby mallosa » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:45 am

Silver surfer wrote:Well done to you both. I've looked at the photos of headstones at Halesowen and found one of mine. The parents are on BCC but not the children. Don't know if you want to check them out but the info I have is:
Thomas Burley 1762-1841 married Elizabeth Brecknell. Their son Thomas married Elizabeth Parkes and their 2 sons on headstone are Benjamin Brecknell Burley and Isaac Parkes Burley. There is also another Benjamin Brecknell Burley to complicate things and he is the younger ones Uncle.

Hope my facts are correct as ages since I did them and finding info has progressed in that time.

Sorry for the late reply S.S. :wink:

This is what we have so far - https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... =882389706

Trying to figure out where Benjamin fits in (unclear inscription doesn't help) :?
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby Silver surfer » Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:22 pm

Have had a refreshing look at my tree to find the Brecknells(sometimes Brecknalls).
I have: Benjamin Brecknell Burley 1796-1872 son of Thomas Burley and Elizabeth Brecknell,
Benjamin Brecknell Burley 1821-1837 son of Thomas Burley and Elizabeth Parkes and brother of Isaac Parkes Burley,
and John Brecknell Burley 1830-1850 son of John Burley and Elizabeth Tibbetts.
I also have another Isaac Parkes Burley b1870 to John and Mary Burley but no more info on him.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, its been so long since I did this research.
Thnx again for the photos, much appreciated! :P
Researching Foley, Burley, Dean, Danks, Smith, Pugh, Hughes, Shakespeare.
Silver surfer

Postby mallosa » Fri May 19, 2023 6:42 am

Again I'm so sorry it's taken so long to get back to you S.S.

I've added some more info, go through and see what you think :wink:

https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... =167780355

John & Mary Burley's family - https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... =957744982

mallosa

Previous

Return to Gallery General Discussion