where do you link on bcc and with whom

Our Big Black Country Family!

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, peterd

where do you link on bcc and with whom

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:33 am

I was thinking what would be interesting would be to see then how we all do connect.....ie what and where is the connection between us members and BCC

so off the top of my head..let me see if I can remember some
It would be great if there was one we all link back to.
We can do yhis as a separate thread

I connect to Gardener via William Rose b1852...that is our connection
I connect to sp1 via Shakespeare's but can't remember his connection..mine is Ann Shakespeare b 1790 ish
I connect to Dennis via the Inetts
I know Rob and Lulu connect via the brothers who built club house can't remember name was it wood house
And Kate and I link to ann wood house who we think is from there too
Northern Lass

Re: Total of ancestors in the BCC tree

Postby mallosa » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:54 am

Nice idea Jan :grin:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby BC Wench » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:19 pm

Looks as though I'm "Billy No Mates" apart from Lavy and Gwen with my Belcher line, but I'm not sure if they are members on the forum anymore. :(
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Postby sparkstopper » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:44 am

I believe I connect to DianeL,Richtea blackcountrybiker,,through the Garratt line.
and Oscar & Queeny through the Weston line.
Samuel Weston married Martha Garratt in 1897 (My grandparents).
Semper Paratus:
sparkstopper

Postby Margarett » Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:02 pm

It's the Ruston brothers that Lulu ( and me!!) connect to that link to the Club buildings.
Margarett

Postby mjay » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:27 pm

Aunty Em & I connect through Artess/Weaver families 8)
Researching: Yates,Hunt,Brookes,Artess,Sheldon,Thornton,Hooper,Crowley,Lacy,Downes,Weaver,Artess
mjay

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:18 am

Margarett wrote:It's the Ruston brothers that Lulu ( and me!!) connect to that link to the Club buildings.

That,s them!
And then one of those bros marry a wood house I think and that wood house connects to me and kate
Northern Lass

Postby Rob » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:11 am

Northern Lass wrote:
Margarett wrote:It's the Ruston brothers that Lulu ( and me!!) connect to that link to the Club buildings.

That,s them!
And then one of those bros marry a wood house I think and that wood house connects to me and kate

My 3xgrandmother was Hannah Woodhouse and i'm connected to Lulu aka MotherHen aka :lol: via the Rustons and Club Buildings.
And i'm connected by marriage to Mally via William Henry Young my ggrandfather and Alice Evans. Anyone else ? :think:

note by Jan....."and you connect via Joseph Kite b 1817 to Lulu...your line is dau Eliza Kite and Lulu's is Elizas brother William Kite"
Rob

Postby BC Wench » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:26 pm

How could I have forgotten that I connect to Aunty Em as well through Benjamin Weaver and Rosannah Pargeter.
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Re: where do you link on bcc and with whom

Postby jdmilne » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:25 pm

Dear All,
My maternal grandfather and grandmother are Joseph Stokes (1896) and Ada Hiscocks (1899); about as black country as you can get, being born in Rowley Regis and Halesowen (Gorsty Hill) respectively. They emmigrated to Australia in 1920, three months before my mother, their eldest child, was born. The family has been in the Black country for centuries, with family names: Stokes, Read, Perry, Westwood, Parsons, Parkes, Hodgetts, Hiscocks, Moy, Andrews, Cutler, Tinsley, Allen, Adams, to my 6th generation back from myself. So, if you have any of those family lines in your Black Country ancestry, I'd love to hear from you.

J. David Milne
jdmilne

Postby grangers14 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:42 pm

jdmilne wrote:Dear All,
My maternal grandfather and grandmother are Joseph Stokes (1896) and Ada Hiscocks (1899); about as black country as you can get, being born in Rowley Regis and Halesowen (Gorsty Hill) respectively. They emmigrated to Australia in 1920, three months before my mother, their eldest child, was born. The family has been in the Black country for centuries, with family names: Stokes, Read, Perry, Westwood, Parsons, Parkes, Hodgetts, Hiscocks, Moy, Andrews, Cutler, Tinsley, Allen, Adams, to my 6th generation back from myself. So, if you have any of those family lines in your Black Country ancestry, I'd love to hear from you.

J. David Milne

It may help you if you add your names to the surname section here...
viewforum.php?f=15

Also check on the BCC tree see if they are there and connect to anyone on the forum?
https://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/

You do not have to be a member of the tree, it is free to view all people. :)
grangers14

Postby Frodo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:54 pm

As far as I know I don't link to anyone. I did see Adams mentioned - my Great Grandmother had a step sister who married an Adams so maybe

My main surname connections are Taylor, Manger, Round, Smith, Billingham and Preece all based Black Country/Rowley and Stoke Prior.
Frodo

Postby TeddyBear1 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:40 pm

Hi there. This is my first post, so please forgive me if I get something wrong. I think I am connected to twiglet and Linell, through my Gill/Hampton/Stringer lines. May also be connected to Jan through Hampton's. My grandfather was Arthur Gill (1888-1951)
TeddyBear1

Postby Northern Lass » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:14 am

TeddyBear1 wrote:Hi there. This is my first post, so please forgive me if I get something wrong. I think I am connected to twiglet and Linell, through my Gill/Hampton/Stringer lines. May also be connected to Jan through Hampton's. My grandfather was Arthur Gill (1888-1951)

Hi is it this one

https://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/t ... ver=521329

if not which one is it on Bcc.

If you go to the black country discussion section we could have a look at what we have on your grandfather
and what you have to maybe add to the ancestor.
I don't connect to hamptons so might just have added some for the purpose of research.
Twiglet and Linell can be reached via a pm (private message) on this forum.
welcome :wink:
Northern Lass

Postby Waltzer7 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:37 pm

Looks like I connect to two or three of you, possibly more...?
Waltzer7

Next

Return to Black Country Connections