Pear Tree Lane

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass

Re: Pear Tree Lane

Postby Northern Lass » Fri May 20, 2011 6:42 am

LisaPaUS wrote:Hi,
My Willetts relatives lived on Pear Tree Lane forever! I was wondering f anyone would have photos of it in the late 1800's to early1900's. They resided between #22 and #25. Also I would love it if someone could describe it for me as I have no photos of it!

Thanks so much, Lisa

Have you been on this site Lisa

http://blackcountryhistory.org/

lots of info and photos

if you put in the search
Back Yard, Cradley Heath

you get this .....it has a photo of
Ref No: p/1958
Date: c1928

Description:
The rears of Nos. 21 to 25, Pear Tree Street (now Peartree Lane). The buildings to the left would have probably been wash-houses as there is a mangle to the right of the alleyway. The barrel and the modern dustbin would most likely have served as refuse holders. Only a small portion of the yard has been paved.

and there is a photo
this should be available to order from Dudley archives depending on copyright
but they will be able to let you know that if you email them
and any costs
Northern Lass

Postby linell » Fri May 20, 2011 4:56 pm

Oh that's great Jan, never thought of looking on there for pictures, wish Dudley Archives wouldn't put their red label through all their pictures, please have a word Babs. :roll:

Linell.
linell

Postby LisaPaUS » Mon May 23, 2011 5:38 pm

Yes I did find that photo! It was a great find. But I too wish the label wasn't stamped right through the center but I suppose they don't want people copying it.

I wish I could locate a Willetts relative descended from my relation who was Daniel, son of John and Emma. I have connected with Jan and Anna but they are not descended from Daniel but from his brothers. And so they don't have any exact knowledge of Daniel growing up. But they have been invaluable to me. I wouldn't be this far in my research without them. :grin: Anyone know of an elderly relation to John or his wife Emma? I know it's probably not possible anyone is still around but you never know!
LisaPaUS

Postby BC Wench » Tue May 24, 2011 5:40 pm

You beat me to it LisaPaUS. They put the watermark through photographs so that you can't copy. If you want a copy without the watermark you need to contact Dudley Archives who can provide you with one at a cost - of course.
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Postby sp1 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:49 am

Antie Em wrote:Ah Lin - the days of the census on disc - you could always rely on the transcriptions :-)

You had the census on disc!
You don't know yer born. When I was a lad we had to sit in cold draughty churches going through real parish registers..... and the vicars used to charge you for the privilege!
sp1

Previous

Return to Black Country Towns, Villages and Streets History