Help needed

Archived posts from the beginners section.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Re: Help needed

Postby Maths girl » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:44 pm

susietwo wrote:Surname Given Name District Volume Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Sep 1933
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHALLEY Iris S Birmingham 6d 745
This is Selina's 2nd daughter, but i'm having trouble finding the son Thomas Whalley's birth

born between 1927 and 1938??
Maths girl

Postby Antie Em » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:12 pm

susietwo wrote:
Antie Em wrote:Looks like we might have found them then - would you like to add them to the Black Country Tree?

Maggie

Yes but how??? I new i had family in the Black Country somewere

I'll add them in the morning and send you the link

Maggie
There's no place like home ......
Antie Em

Postby susietwo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Surname Given Name District Volume Page

Deaths Dec 1929

Whalley Thomas Wolverhampton 6b 641
I think this was selina's husband
susietwo

Postby susietwo » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:53 pm

The more that I dig into my granmothers family the more confused I am. I have been given a family picture of my great gran, granddad and family. But there are only 4 boys and two girls, but on the census there was 6 boys and 2 girls???
susietwo

Postby Maths girl » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:53 am

susietwo wrote:The more that I dig into my granmothers family the more confused I am. I have been given a family picture of my great gran, granddad and family. But there are only 4 boys and two girls, but on the census there was 6 boys and 2 girls???

Had the other two left home? -- considered to be too young too sit for a photographer? -- was it done in a studio --where they had to actually decide in advance to go or was it by chance as a wandering photographer happened to be in the area and the other two were at work? --the list of possibilities goes on

That assumes you are certain it is the family you have been told it is!
Maths girl

Postby Antie Em » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:00 am

susietwo wrote:The more that I dig into my granmothers family the more confused I am. I have been given a family picture of my great gran, granddad and family. But there are only 4 boys and two girls, but on the census there was 6 boys and 2 girls???

There is the possibility that two children may have died before the picture was taken
Antie Em

Postby susietwo » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:30 am

Never thought of all that, on the back of pic it was taken by T Legge Wassall St Bilston and someone has written great grand Pa & Ma & family. They all look very smart. Just worked it out the 2 older boys would have been 21 & 17, so thats why they wasnt in the picture. But would like to get the wedding certificate of William & Mary married in WBromwich any idea were I would have to go??
susietwo

Postby Antie Em » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:45 pm

susietwo wrote:Never thought of all that, on the back of pic it was taken by T Legge Wassall St Bilston and someone has written great grand Pa & Ma & family. They all look very smart. Just worked it out the 2 older boys would have been 21 & 17, so thats why they wasnt in the picture. But would like to get the wedding certificate of William & Mary married in WBromwich any idea were I would have to go??

This marriage doesn't appear on West Midlands BMD, which means, although it was registered in West Bromwich it probably took place at Handsworth or Moxley.

Handsworth registers are now held at Birmingham and Moxley I think are held at Walsall.

You might need to telephone both offices first to find out who holds the certificate

Birmingham is Telephone: 0121 675 1000
Walsall is : Telephone 0845 111 2847

Maggie
Antie Em

Postby susietwo » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:13 pm

Antie Em wrote:
susietwo wrote:Never thought of all that, on the back of pic it was taken by T Legge Wassall St Bilston and someone has written great grand Pa & Ma & family. They all look very smart. Just worked it out the 2 older boys would have been 21 & 17, so thats why they wasnt in the picture. But would like to get the wedding certificate of William & Mary married in WBromwich any idea were I would have to go??

This marriage doesn't appear on West Midlands BMD, which means, although it was registered in West Bromwich it probably took place at Handsworth or Moxley.

Handsworth registers are now held at Birmingham and Moxley I think are held at Walsall.

You might need to telephone both offices first to find out who holds the certificate

Birmingham is Telephone: 0121 675 1000
Walsall is : Telephone 0845 111 2847

Maggie

thanks for that, I am going to WHampton first to get my mothers birth certificate, then I will sort out this one

thanks Sue
susietwo

Previous

Return to Archived Posts