info i have

Archived posts from the beginners section.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Re: info i have

Postby Libby1972 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:41 am

Nellie M Locke is it spelt lock or Locke cause im sure its lock and does that make them my g grandparents ?
wensley
ridd
vaulters
Libby1972

Postby Maths girl » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:24 am

Libby1972 wrote:Nellie M Locke is it spelt lock or Locke cause im sure its lock and does that make them my g grandparents ?

Hi

Spelling is an interesting question and causes many problems -- with a name like Locke you could find it with/without the E for different generations/ different members of the same family and even the same person on different pieces of information. -- so you need to take spelling with a pinch of salt(e) -- and look to see if the other information supports the entry as being the person you want.

Maths girl
Maths girl

Postby Libby1972 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:19 am

ok ta maths girl :-)
wensley
ridd
vaulters
Libby1972

Postby Libby1972 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:36 am

does that make Richard ridd and Nellie M Lock my g grandparents ?
wensley
ridd
vaulters
Libby1972

Postby Antie Em » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:22 am

Yes Libby - that's right - do you need any help in sending for the certificate. The information you find on there will help you to get started on your research. With the information on this certificate, you might get back to 1911, which is the last census we have access to.

Maggie
There's no place like home ......
Antie Em

Postby Libby1972 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:45 am

antie em where is the best place to send off to do you have a link please , thank you so much
wensley
ridd
vaulters
Libby1972

Postby Antie Em » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:25 pm

I think the easiest way is through the GRO main office. You can do it online and pay with your credit card - here : http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/

You can also order through the local office - you can find the addresses online - Barnstable is here : http://www.devon.gov.uk/north_devon.htm

If you use the local one, not all of them take payments online, if they don't, you will need to send a cheque and a stamped addressed envolope. Also, because sometimes the registration areas change - it might be better to ring them first just to make sure they hold the certificate for that year.

Good Luck - let us know the details when it arrives and we can help you get back a bit further.

Maggie
There's no place like home ......
Antie Em

Previous

Return to Archived Posts