Hazlewood's so far!

Archived posts from the beginners section.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Hazlewood's so far!

Postby vicky85 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Hiya, so this is what i have so far,

All my couisins and their children, this took up a whole page, i think this proves a long search!

My mother is Susan Ann Besley Nee Hazlewood 25-11-61 to 20-08-08 - My mother married my step farther and had my half brother and she has 1 sister and 2 brothers! Who are all married and have a total of 7 children then there are 7 kids from my couisins.
My farther is alive and i dont no anything but his first name!

My gran mother is still alive but her maiden name is Grantham and she married my granfarther 1949 reg oct-nov-dec havnt recieved the certificate yet.

My granFarther is Charles John Hazlewood He was born on 1st Decemeber 1926 but not registered until Jan 1927 and died 9th feb 1999

My gran farthers Mothers Maiden name is Clarke, i have reference to it possibly being Alice in family records
My gran farthers Farther is stated in family records as Timothy Arthur Hazlewood (By family records i mean my mum wrote down my granparents and great-granparents names) Although on searching a paying site i crnt locate either. I believe they are from the South Birmingham area as this is were my gran farther was born and were he was married to my nan.

I Know he has some sisters but unaware of names etc but from family chat i believe one had 11 children ..

Is this sounding like a big search?

Kind regards
vicky85

Re: Hazlewood's so far!

Postby Maths girl » Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:44 pm

vicky85 wrote:
Is this sounding like a big search?

Kind regards

this certainly sounds like you have lots of possible information -- you have posted this in the beginners section where we try to give advice rather than specifically looking for the information for you. -- is that what you intended or do you want others to try to search records on your behalf?

Either way it would probably be best to try to limit yourself to a small section of your family and build a more certain picture of it than that based on "family information" that can vary from very good to ideas based on rumours as you have probably already discovered -- one more point is to avoid identifying living people on the open forum.
HTH

Maths girl
Maths girl

Postby vicky85 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:02 pm

Hiya,

Thanks for your reply. I was just putting everything down so far, to see what or were my next step is? As not really sure what to do from this. I didnt mean to state living peoples information, apoligies. Were is best to post about possible help with my great gran farther? As from my search so far i think his name may be wrong?

Thanks again
vicky85

Postby Jimmy » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:36 pm

vicky85 wrote:My gran Farther is Charles John Hazlewood He was born on 1st Decemeber 1926 but not registered until Jan 1927 and died 9th feb 1999.

Do you have the birth cert for this, it should have parents names on it.
Just trying to do my bit for BCC, bringing families back together.
Jimmy

Postby vicky85 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:01 pm

Hi,

I ordered the certificate today after locating him on the 1927 registration but know his mothers maiden name was Clarke and His Farther Timothy Hazlewood

Any idea certificates take to come through?

thanks
vicky85

Postby peterd » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:56 pm

right vickey go to this site

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

type in clarke in firsts surname and hazlewood in the second surname select dates between 1890 and 1920 see what you get and post it
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby linell » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:01 am

Hi Vicky, certificates from the General Register Office take about a week. Where were your Grandparents born? Do you have any locations :?:

Linell.
linell

Postby rockyfowler » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:24 am

HAZLEWOOD, Charles Timothy
Registration District: Aston
County: Warwickshire
Year of Registration: 1907
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
Spouse's last name: Not available before 1912
Volume No: 6D
Page No: 386

CLARKE, Alice
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby rockyfowler » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:29 am

HAZLEWOOD, Charles Head Married M 24 1887 Brass Filer Birmingham Warwickshire
HAZLEWOOD, Alice Wife Married F 24 1887 Polisher Birmingham Warwickshire
HAZLEWOOD, Alice Daughter F 0 (11 MONTHS) 1911 Birmingham Warwickshire
HAZLEWOOD, Lizzie Daughter F 2 1909 Birmingham Warwickshire

Married 4years 2 children born alive none died
11 Back of 61 Tilton Road Birmingham
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby peterd » Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:31 am

rockyfowler wrote:1911
HAZLEWOOD, Charles Head Married M 24 1887 Brass Filer Birmingham Warwickshire
HAZLEWOOD, Alice Wife Married F 24 1887 Polisher Birmingham Warwickshire
HAZLEWOOD, Alice Daughter F 0 (11 MONTHS) 1911 Birmingham Warwickshire
HAZLEWOOD, Lizzie Daughter F 2 1909 Birmingham Warwickshire

Married 4years 2 children born alive none died
11 Back of 61 Tilton Road Birmingham

hi Rf this section we tend to let the poster of the topic find the info themselves unless they request specific info they cannot find hence see my earlier post
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

peterd

Postby vicky85 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi,

Thank you all for the replies i have recived. I went onto the BMD that peter suggested and found the marriage of Alice Clarke 1907 in Aston. Ive documented the volume and page down so i can then order it. It looks as though my great gran farther was infact called charles timothy as this is what came up when i searched marriages using my g-granfarthers surname so it is Decemeber 1907.

The information is correct from the other poster (thank you) as i just rang my uncle and he says an aunty lizzie rings a bell but aparently there are more as my gran farther isnt listed.

Thank you so much for all your help so far :)

vicky x
vicky85

Postby rockyfowler » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:01 pm

You can look up Charles 1907 marriage on here https://www.familysearch.org/
rockyfowler

Postby peterd » Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:32 pm

vicky85 wrote:Hi,

Thank you all for the replies i have recived. I went onto the BMD that peter suggested and found the marriage of Alice Clarke 1907 in Aston. Ive documented the volume and page down so i can then order it. It looks as though my great gran farther was infact called charles timothy as this is what came up when i searched marriages using my g-granfarthers surname so it is Decemeber 1907.

The information is correct from the other poster (thank you) as i just rang my uncle and he says an aunty lizzie rings a bell but aparently there are more as my gran farther isnt listed.

Thank you so much for all your help so far :)

vicky x

if you wish someone to look for charles or alice in the 1901 and 1891 census, ask if you havent got access to them and someone will post them

pete

peterd

Postby vicky85 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:23 pm

Thank you, I have been busy and now have all there children but one seems a bit of a mystery, could anyone advise me how to go about tracing her i'l give you the details below:

Lizzie 1909 - known by my uncle and aunty (deseased)
Alice 1911 - No family knowledge i went on BMD and coulnt find a death record (incase she died in childhood) (deseased)
Elsie 1912 - Again known by family (deseased)
chales 1915 and died 6 months later
Rose 1923 - known by family
charles 1926 - my granfarther
Female who is still alive - wont say details

I went on Ancestory link from RF and found the bride and grooms farthers name. But now im puzzled by alice i crnt find an alice hazlewood in deaths or marriages on BMD. any ideas?

Thanks x
vicky85

Postby rockyfowler » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:33 pm

If you check FBMD you will find a marriage at Bromsgrove For an Alice E hazlewood which isn`t far from Birmingham :?:
rockyfowler

Next

Return to Archived Posts