Stay safe

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Stay safe

Postby mjay » Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:11 am

Hi all
Please stay safe and take extra care.
So sorry I've not been around to help out.
I consider myself sensible (still wearing a mask and santiser whenever I do get out) However somehow managed to get the dreaded lurgy. 3 weeks in and still getting over covid. Not gonna lie its been rough.

Take care all and stay extra safe x
Researching: Yates,Hunt,Brookes,Artess,Sheldon,Thornton,Hooper,Crowley,Lacy,Downes,Weaver,Artess
mjay

Re: Stay safe

Postby gardener » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:26 pm

That's a shame Mjay. Hope you recover steadily now. I've still not had it and masks are rarely seen here in Iceland. I didn't even have to wear one when I went for my covid booster and flu jab last week!
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby peterd » Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:05 pm

mjay wrote:Hi all
Please stay safe and take extra care.
So sorry I've not been around to help out.
I consider myself sensible (still wearing a mask and santiser whenever I do get out) However somehow managed to get the dreaded lurgy. 3 weeks in and still getting over covid. Not gonna lie its been rough.

Take care all and stay extra safe x

i'm into my 9th day of having covid to, i think i picked mine up from the flight back from Bulgaria
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby Jimmy » Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:02 pm

So far I have managed to avoid covid, and I have never ever had flu.
Jimmy

Postby peterd » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:25 pm

Jimmy wrote:So far I have managed to avoid covid, and I have never ever had flu.

I've had the flu only twice and this bout of covid though unpleasant is like a real heavy cold is not as bad as flu, think each time it mutates it getting weaker so let's hope the trend continues
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

peterd

Postby kdwoodie » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:37 pm

Hope you both feel better soon.
kdwoodie

Postby mjay » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:44 am

Thank you everyone. Take care
Researching: Yates,Hunt,Brookes,Artess,Sheldon,Thornton,Hooper,Crowley,Lacy,Downes,Weaver,Artess
mjay

Postby grangers14 » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:09 pm

Awful for you both! :shock:
I hope you are both soon much better!
Hopefully, it will end up a flu and not cause so many deaths although many others diseases/illnesses also cause many too.
grangers14

Postby peterd » Tue Oct 18, 2022 7:50 pm

grangers14 wrote:Awful for you both! :shock:
I hope you are both soon much better!
Hopefully, it will end up a flu and not cause so many deaths although many others diseases/illnesses also cause many too.

took me 10 days to be clear, it wasn't as bad as flu as ive had that and it put me in bed with the covid i manage to get up but do little it was more like a really heavy cold

peterd

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:25 pm

We , my wife and i, both tested positive for Covid on our return from Portugal. I was ok but my wife was really ill. She's at home now but for a while there. I think we caught it on the flight from Portugal to Birmingham.
Rob

Postby peterd » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:39 pm

Rob wrote:We , my wife and i, both tested positive for Covid on our return from Portugal. I was ok but my wife was really ill. She's at home now but for a while there. I think we caught it on the flight from Portugal to Birmingham.

i caught mine on the flight coming back from Bulgaria

peterd

Return to The Snug