Beggar at Sainsburys Oldbury

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Beggar at Sainsburys Oldbury

Postby rockyfowler » Tue May 10, 2022 7:55 pm

An old lady sat on chair at the entrance of sainsburys today, I thought she was drinking a coffee, but when I got closer she asked for money to put in her cup which was half full of coins, makes you sad we are coming to this :cry:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Re: Beggar at Sainsburys Oldbury

Postby grangers14 » Wed May 11, 2022 8:11 pm

It is very sad Rocky... :(
Best, if you can, buy food or toiletries and give it to them :?
Our daughter, in the winter bought thermal gloves, and blankets to people begging. It was thrown back at her? :shock:
grangers14

Re: Beggar at Sainsburys Oldbury

Postby peterd » Thu May 12, 2022 7:38 am

grangers14 wrote:It is very sad Rocky... :(
Best, if you can, buy food or toiletries and give it to them :?
Our daughter, in the winter bought thermal gloves, and blankets to people begging. It was thrown back at her? :shock:

when i lived in Somerset in the 90s their was a guy who begged near the bank with a sign and dog no food homeless please help, he was caught and arrested getting into his nearly new BMW one day, not saying all are like this but some are how do you separate them? rather put something in the food bank trolley or give to a organisation that feed the street homeless
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Return to The Snug