Lockdown Revisited

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Lockdown Revisited

Postby Rob » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:31 pm

More dramatic restrictions have been reinstated following a significant upsurge of Covid 19 patients taking up hospital beds here in The Netherlands. As from tomorrow saturday all new restrictions will be enforced for a period of 3 weeks !
When are we going to get back to a "normal " life ? Or is this it ? The new "normal"! :? :(
Rob

Re: Lockdown Revisited

Postby gardener » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:05 pm

Rob wrote:More dramatic restrictions have been reinstated following a significant upsurge of Covid 19 patients taking up hospital beds here in The Netherlands. As from tomorrow saturday all new restrictions will be enforced for a period of 3 weeks !
When are we going to get back to a "normal " life ? Or is this it ? The new "normal"! :? :(

Same thing here Rob. My father-in-law's funeral is next week, but as of midnight tonight only 50 are allowed to gather together, and that seems to mean 42 in this case (not sure how they arrive at that number but it must include the priest and a few music folk).
Of course the restaurants and bars are very upset by it all too.
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby mallosa » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:51 am

Rob wrote:More dramatic restrictions have been reinstated following a significant upsurge of Covid 19 patients taking up hospital beds here in The Netherlands. As from tomorrow saturday all new restrictions will be enforced for a period of 3 weeks !

Yes Rob, how sad! Saw it on the news last night :(
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby mallosa » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:58 am

gardener wrote:
Same thing here Rob. My father-in-law's funeral is next week, but as of midnight tonight only 50 are allowed to gather together, and that seems to mean 42 in this case (not sure how they arrive at that number but it must include the priest and a few music folk).

Sorry to hear about your father-in law gardener! 50 people seems a lot to me considering we were only allowed 10 for my brother, but then that was early in the 1st lockdown - so sad!
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby gardener » Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:43 pm

It is quite a lot, but last week it could have been 300 people! And the family is quite big, so I think mother-in-law's side is going to be restricted to only one per cousin
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby snoopysue » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:57 pm

gardener wrote:Same thing here Rob. My father-in-law's funeral is next week, but as of midnight tonight only 50 are allowed to gather together, and that seems to mean 42 in this case (not sure how they arrive at that number but it must include the priest and a few music folk).

Sorry to hear about your Father in law. It's such a shame that it's not possible for more to attend.

My parents didn't go to my Aunts funeral, earlier in the year. It was partly because of numbers (they were nudging towards max), and the fact they would have had to overnight somewhere as the funeral was 6 hours drive away. My parents are in their 80s and had just recieved a letter about shielding. The worst thing was that my uncle wasn't allowed to visit my aunt who had dementia. She had broken her hip, and while the operation went well, she refused to eat, it was very distressing for my uncle, the rest of the family were unable to offer much more than verbal support.

Things are hotting up here in Denmark again, Corona passports were re-introduced on Friday, but I'm sure more restrictions will follow. I'm thinking we'll be living with this for a while yet.
Snoopysue

Logic merely enables one to be wrong with authority.
snoopysue

Return to The Snug