My precious!

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

My precious!

Postby gardener » Mon May 17, 2021 9:28 am

This is the view from here (taken last night). It erupts like this about every 6 minutes, There are a lot of live feed webcams that show it, but nothing beats being able to look out of the window or walk down to the coast :-)
Attachments
volcano1.jpg
volcano1.jpg (57.04 KiB) Viewed 1142 times
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Re: My precious!

Postby mjay » Mon May 17, 2021 9:46 am

Wow
Gardener could you add a link I'd love to see this
Thanks
Researching: Yates,Hunt,Brookes,Artess,Sheldon,Thornton,Hooper,Crowley,Lacy,Downes,Weaver,Artess
mjay

Postby gardener » Mon May 17, 2021 12:05 pm

mjay wrote:Wow
Gardener could you add a link I'd love to see this
Thanks

These two are live (and if you click on them and go to youtube you can rewind and watch the exciting bits). The one on the left shows the lava fountaining up

https://www.ruv.is/frett/2021/03/18/eld ... utsendingu
gardener

Postby peterd » Mon May 17, 2021 7:29 pm

how far are you away, any chance of a full explosive eruption ? as it say the lava output is increasing not decreasing which normally happens ?
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby gardener » Mon May 17, 2021 8:44 pm

peterd wrote:how far are you away, any chance of a full explosive eruption ? as it say the lava output is increasing not decreasing which normally happens ?

Just over 20 miles? It should not be explosive at all because there is no water or ice there and the magma is basaltic. When/if the lava flows into the sea then it would maybe generate steam and associated small explosions. Other than that I think it will the volcanic gases that become boring if it carries on for a long time
gardener

Return to The Snug