Spring into Spring

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Spring into Spring

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:19 am

Spring is sprung the grass is riz I wonder where the guests is!

And clocks go forward on the 28th March

and we can start to see folk on 29 march outside....party party!

Who would have thought a year ago all this would have happened.

And talk of a 3rd wave in europe!

How are you all coping?
Northern Lass

Re: Spring into Spring

Postby Frodo » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:04 pm

Dreading the potential third wave but can see it happening. I moved to Manchester in July to be near my daughter and her family and still haven't been able to get out and about to socialize and make new friends. I haven't been into the city centre yet and it's somewhere I like to visit. I'm also waiting to get a new kitchen but can't progress while shops are shut. All very frustrating.
Frodo

Postby Rob » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:01 pm

I tested positive for Covid 3 weeks ago lost my sense of taste. No i haven't everything tastes vile.The smell of cooking made me billious i haven't touched alcohol for weeks. Yesterday i fell down the stairs ! Fell down? i stumbled 3 steps from the bottom and landed on my back on the bottom step. Agony !! We have a curfew from 9pm till 5am but other than that i'm ok ! My wife comes home tomorrow after being in Davos,Switzerland for 6 weeks !
Rob

Postby mallosa » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:03 am

I suppose you could say, you've had a bit of a rough time eh Rob? It's a good job you're a tough cookie :wink:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:50 am

mallosa wrote:I suppose you could say, you've had a bit of a rough time eh Rob? It's a good job you're a tough cookie :wink:

I am concerned about him losing his sense of taste!

but then again after that black leather coat in the piccys...guess he lost that a long time ago eh! Mally
:lol:
Northern Lass

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:54 am

Frodo wrote:Dreading the potential third wave but can see it happening. I moved to Manchester in July to be near my daughter and her family and still haven't been able to get out and about to socialize and make new friends. I haven't been into the city centre yet and it's somewhere I like to visit. I'm also waiting to get a new kitchen but can't progress while shops are shut. All very frustrating.

Manchester eh!
used to know it well years ago...bet it has all changed now.

With all the pubs being shut no one can go anywhere
we can't see people other than now 1 person outdoors...but it is too cold!

Everyone will go beserk on 29 march outdoors.....but they can't come inside to use the loo!! :roll:
Northern Lass

Postby gardener » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:44 am

Rob wrote:I tested positive for Covid 3 weeks ago lost my sense of taste. No i haven't everything tastes vile.The smell of cooking made me billious i haven't touched alcohol for weeks. Yesterday i fell down the stairs ! Fell down? i stumbled 3 steps from the bottom and landed on my back on the bottom step. Agony !! We have a curfew from 9pm till 5am but other than that i'm ok ! My wife comes home tomorrow after being in Davos,Switzerland for 6 weeks !

That all sounds horrible Rob. Hope your wife arrives safely and cheers you up.

I hardly like to write that things are fine here at the moment. Anyone arriving from abroad has to be tested at the airport and then again five days later. In between they have to quarantine and are only allowed out to take an isolated walk. The quarantine bit is interpreted differently by some people, but when my daughter came home for her grandmother's funeral she rented an airbnb and stayed there for the first five days. She plans on coming again next weekend, with boyfriend and they'll rent a summer house somewhere I think. She lives in Sweden so reckons coming here makes her less likely to catch it, even with the travel risk.

Meanwhile we have the volcanic eruption to entertain us! I hated the endless earthquakes that preceded it, made me feel sea sick, and now it is erupting in place just too far away to tempt me there. Plenty of people going to gawp though, despite warnings of toxic gas and potential new fissures. Oh well!
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby mallosa » Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:21 pm

Northern Lass wrote:
mallosa wrote:I suppose you could say, you've had a bit of a rough time eh Rob? It's a good job you're a tough cookie :wink:

but then again after that black leather coat in the piccys...guess he lost that a long time ago eh! Mally

There's nothing like kickin' a man when he's down eh Jan? :o :lol:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby Rob » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:47 am

My wife is back but talking of backs mines killing me ! Just one spot and if i make the wrong move. Mustn't cough or sneeze !! Thank God my taste is back !!
Rob

Postby gardener » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:51 pm

I think this thread jinxed me! I am now in quarantine pending a test later today. I played netball last Monday and one player tested positive yesterday, ditto her husband and one daughter. She a teacher so 80 kids plus some staff in quarantine from her; her daughter put another 100 kids and 12 staff in quarantine at a different school; and her husband plays professional football here so two football teams in quarantine as well. Wonder how they got it though.
gardener

Postby Northern Lass » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:34 am

Wolvie and I had the jabs few weeks ago at the Black Country museum!
Very well organised and felt so surreal military like.

A year ago today...and we are just about to have lockdown opened up a bit on mon 29 March
but...with a dark cloud on the horizon ...I think if we have to have another wave and another full lockdown
...well will we all abide?
Northern Lass

Postby gardener » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:36 pm

I tested negative thank goodness, but more cases among school kids so they have gone strict on us again - not a lockdown but no swimming pools or gyms etc
gardener

Postby Rob » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:06 am

The clocks go forward saturday and the Curfew from 31March has been altered from 2100 hrs to 2200 hrs until 0500hrs.
Rob

Postby peterd » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:42 am

Northern Lass wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: no sympathy here rob
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby peterd » Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:43 am

gardener wrote:I tested negative thank goodness, but more cases among school kids so they have gone strict on us again - not a lockdown but no swimming pools or gyms etc

glad your ok, how far you from that lava outpour?
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Return to The Snug