Jog on!

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Jog on!

Postby Northern Lass » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:58 pm

So are we all clear on this exercise thing!

Cos I ain't!! :roll:

So you can exercise
but where is the boundary?

ie can you drive to exercise...ie to say a national trust place
or
does it have to be local to your home....and then can you still drive to it?

So all those national trust places can you go to them if in your area.
We went to one before the lockdown...and it was heaving...so even though we have just renewed
our membership we are staying away at the moment.

I think the guidelines to exercise need to be really clear or I might just have to put my feet up and watch tv.!

8)
Northern Lass

Re: Jog on!

Postby peterd » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:46 pm

shouldn't be allowed to drive anywhere for exercise, if you want to walk do it from your front door not travel up to 5 miles in a car just for a walk, if your involved in a car crash which the majority occurs 10 miles or less from home, you maybe tying up ambulances and hospital bed and staff that are needed elsewhere

RANT OVER
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby Northern Lass » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:45 pm

I agree pete
not worth the risk to yourself or others.

Let's hope this vaccine enables us to mingle again.
Northern Lass

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:17 pm

peterd wrote:shouldn't be allowed to drive anywhere for exercise, if you want to walk do it from your front door not travel up to 5 miles in a car just for a walk, if your involved in a car crash which the majority occurs 10 miles or less from home, you maybe tying up ambulances and hospital bed and staff that are needed elsewhere

RANT OVER

I thought you was having a "Go" at our Janet there Peter ! But she agrees with you. Common sense really. Driving miles just to have exercise ? Ridiculous. Unless of course you live in an area where its not safe to walk or run. Running could be construed in some areas as suspicious i suppose. :-? :-? I think i'll go back to bed and give the matter some thought.
Rob

Postby Jimmy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:33 pm

Northern Lass wrote:
Let's hope this vaccine enables us to mingle again.

Good idea I like a good mingle.
Just trying to do my bit for BCC, bringing families back together.
Jimmy

Postby peterd » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:31 pm

Rob wrote:
peterd wrote:shouldn't be allowed to drive anywhere for exercise, if you want to walk do it from your front door not travel up to 5 miles in a car just for a walk, if your involved in a car crash which the majority occurs 10 miles or less from home, you maybe tying up ambulances and hospital bed and staff that are needed elsewhere

RANT OVER

I thought you was having a "Go" at our Janet there Peter ! But she agrees with you. Common sense really. Driving miles just to have exercise ? Ridiculous. Unless of course you live in an area where its not safe to walk or run. Running could be construed in some areas as suspicious i suppose. :-? :-? I think i'll go back to bed and give the matter some thought.

she got to be kept on her toes Rob
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:07 am

peterd wrote:
Rob wrote:

RANT OVER

she got to be kept on her toes Rob

I'll get me running shoes on then! :grin:
Northern Lass

Return to The Snug