All set for Christmas? or will it end in tiers!

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

All set for Christmas? or will it end in tiers!

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:50 am

Well what a year eh!

Abroad looks like Trump is packing his trunk and trundling off from the Whitehouse ....with a grump grump grump! :roll:

and over here looks like we might get a week of xmas and then back into tiers! :roll: :roll:

Still hope is on the horizon with a vaccine and maybe just maybe life will get back to normal...whatever normal is after this.

I still don't understand why we can't all have antibodies testing and then repeat ones every 6 mths, as what is the point of vaccinating those
that have the antibodies, and if the virus can get you again then just do the test every so often.
Vaccinate those that need the test.

Good news is I bought a tree this year.....normally just stick Wolvie in a corner under the mistletoe and stick
a bit of tinsel on his head....bless.

Hope you are all doing ok do tell us what you are doing for crimbo xx
Northern Lass

Re: All set for Christmas? or will it end in tiers!

Postby peterd » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:42 pm

vaccines will create a stronger anti bodies in the immune system than having the disease they recon
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby Rob » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:48 pm

:o :shock: And you'll have the Vaccine will you Pete? Not me Pal i'll be waiting a few more months to see if their are any after effects .( is it their or there ?) Plus i want to see if the rumour i've heard from a very reliable source is correct. It seems THEY,the people who run this crazy Planet of ours you know the ones who control the purse strings, are planning to inject a chip into our bodies to control our every movements !
Love and understanding
Merry Christmas everyone xxx
Rob

Postby SRD » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:34 am

:lol:
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:07 am

Rob wrote::o :shock: And you'll have the Vaccine will you Pete? Not me Pal i'll be waiting a few more months to see if their are any after effects .( is it their or there ?) Plus i want to see if the rumour i've heard from a very reliable source is correct. It seems THEY,the people who run this crazy Planet of ours you know the ones who control the purse strings, are planning to inject a chip into our bodies to control our every movements !
Love and understanding

Some people have chips with everything! :grin:
Northern Lass

Postby peterd » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:11 pm

Rob wrote::o :shock: And you'll have the Vaccine will you Pete? Not me Pal i'll be waiting a few more months to see if their are any after effects .( is it their or there ?) Plus i want to see if the rumour i've heard from a very reliable source is correct. It seems THEY,the people who run this crazy Planet of ours you know the ones who control the purse strings, are planning to inject a chip into our bodies to control our every movements !
Love and understanding

i wont get it for months and it may be the case countries will refuse you entry if you've not had the vaccine like they do with the yellow fever one so what will people do then
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby Northern Lass » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:27 am

I am getting a test for antibodies will let you know how I get on.
anyone else had that test?
Northern Lass

Postby rockyfowler » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:23 pm

Got tree up and lit ready for Christmas - the chicken still resting in the freezer- all prepared for the big day :grin:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:28 am

rockyfowler wrote:Got tree up and lit ready for Christmas - the chicken still resting in the freezer- all prepared for the big day :grin:

How many peeps you having RF?
Northern Lass

Postby Rob » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:25 pm

I know how many i'm having
Rob

Postby rockyfowler » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:35 pm

Why? has something happened ?
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:37 am

All a bit sad isn't it?

Most of us now in the higher tiers.
When you go to a pub you have to leave as soon as you finish your meal!
Not worth going to one.

Oh well let's just get on with it eh! :roll:
Northern Lass

Postby Rob » Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:57 pm

You can always eat very slow and have a dessert . How's your anti body NL?
Rob

Postby gardener » Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:28 pm

We thought we were on top of this particular wave but it has picked up speed again.
They just showed a graphic on the TV. One woman did as was told, went home from work as soon as she felt ill, had been working in a small group in her workplace and only meeting small groups outside the home.
She managed to give it to two co-workers, one of whom passed it along to partner and one kid. She gave it to two in her running group, and one of those passed it on their partner and two kids. She met a group of friends and gave three of them the virus, and one of those infected a partner and child. And the woman also gave it to her own partner and four children. Making it a grand total of nineteen infections that could be traced to this one woman.
And this is in Iceland, where we have a decent track and trace system. You can imagine how hard it must be to track the virus in larger communities.
Attachments
covid_tv.JPG
covid_tv.JPG (54.78 KiB) Viewed 2398 times
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:35 am

Had Antibody test done
negative for antibodies
however pharmacist friend said that that didn't mean we hadn't had it
as antibodies fade over time.
so that was a waste of money :roll:
Northern Lass

Next

Return to The Snug