Is the Queen to step down next year?

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Is the Queen to step down next year?

Postby rockyfowler » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:30 pm

“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Re: Is the Queen to step down next year?

Postby SRD » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:32 am

I doubt she'll go of her own accord, which is a shame as I think she could have enjoyed a position as "King's Mum" which would have taken a lot of the bits out of her schedule that she doesn't enjoy but still enable her to hold influence. Despite his bad press I think Charlie would have made a good monarch especially with his parent's guiding hand. As it is Lizzie will hang on until she's incapable and any influence she might have been able to wield would be gone.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby rockyfowler » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:41 am

I think the Queen will be the last true monarch- what follows will just be a shadow of what the title means :idea:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby peterd » Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:37 pm

rockyfowler wrote:I think the Queen will be the last true monarch- what follows will just be a shadow of what the title means :idea:

think william will give it a good shot
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Return to The Snug