All as clear as mud?? Well is it?

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

All as clear as mud?? Well is it?

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:47 am

So even Boris is confused! :shock:

Some of us are in lockdown
Some of us aren't
Some of us have barricaded ourselves in cos we haven't got a clue what to do! (feel a song there!)

So in the north east you can have a drink outside a pub with 6 but not inside...is that right?
Only inside with your own household.

It's a mess!
I bet most of us have had it and not known so it is ridiculous closing down
bits and pieces.
Get more antibody tests done! :roll:
Northern Lass

Re: All as clear as mud?? Well is it?

Postby SRD » Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:20 am

As they haven't yet shown that having antibodies in your blood prevents you getting it or passing it on what's the point in wasting money on them?
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:09 am

SRD wrote:As they haven't yet shown that having antibodies in your blood prevents you getting it or passing it on what's the point in wasting money on them?

Yeah much better to waste money on track and trace which is as useful as a chocolate fireguard!

:roll:
Northern Lass

Postby Frodo » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:27 pm

Definitely clear as mud. Try making sense of the isolating rules. The way they are explained seems different depending on whether you look at the NHS or Government advice.

I'm waiting for a relative to get a test result back - just waiting via enough to make you feel I'll.
Frodo

Postby grangers14 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:11 pm

It doesn't make sense at all... :?

I just keep clean and safe.

My husband is checked each time he goes to work, it was taking just over a day before results then if ok they could go to work. He works away 2 weeks at a time so had to go early and isolate waiting for results.
One daughter of ours has a weekly test...but they are taking a week to get results! :?

Life is crazy...
grangers14

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:11 am

Well now it is going to be like a Cake! a 3 Tier one!

Don't think it will be a piece of cake to navigate!

Ridiculous, they should abandon the track and trace, and stop chasing their tail on that one.
Keep society open.
Ask the more vulnerable to isolate and give them more support.
Northern Lass

Postby SRD » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:01 am

That's how Sweden has taken on the virus, and Sweden has a lot more advantages than Britain, far less crowding and a much greater social conscience, it also has one of the highest, if not the highest, death rate in Europe.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby Lulu » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:46 am

My Mum needs to be in a Care Home but to do that she will have to isolate in a room, on her own for 2 weeks. Well the only way that will happen is to lock her in and ignore her screams. So that won't be happening. My Sister and I are wondering just how many others are in this situation. Mum broke her hip just 12 months ago and has been fairly immobile since, which has been a good thing, with her dementia. Unfortunately, at the weekend she took herself off with her wheeled frame and walked half a mile into the village to have lunch, she went in the rain with no coat and didn't tell anyone!

My daughter and family, in Germany, haven't seen any of us for over a year now and we don't know when we might see them again. My daughter is really struggling with this, especially with the rapid decline in her Nan's health.

The ripples of Covid and how it affects us, just go on into every aspect of life. I can't say the speech by our Leader yesterday did much to reassure me. With a University just around the corner, I suspect we might end up in one of the High areas any day soon. Then where would that leave me, with seeing Mum, who is 25 miles away?
Just because you're Paranoid, it doesn't mean to say they're not out to get you.
Lulu

Return to The Snug