Goodbye Ancestry

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Goodbye Ancestry

Postby rockyfowler » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:53 am

“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Re: Goodbye Ancestry

Postby grangers14 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:17 pm

I hope it doesnt!
grangers14

Postby rockyfowler » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:14 am

If they improve it they will have to spend money as most of their bought records are just like FMP waiting for funds to digitalise them all including Worcester, Stafford and Dudley Archives barely touched :roll:I think they might put more into the DNA side that seems to becoming more popular and more profitable :idea:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby peterd » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:55 am

rockyfowler wrote:If they improve it they will have to spend money as most of their bought records are just like FMP waiting for funds to digitalise them all including Worcester, Stafford and Dudley Archives barely touched :roll:I think they might put more into the DNA side that seems to becoming more popular and more profitable :idea:

the DNA could be expanded by doing the YDNA male lane and the mtDNA female line as they don't currently do this. if they push membership cost too high it will end up with less users so i cannot see massive increase in that
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby grangers14 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:11 pm

mtdna I paid for, I forget who with now. Ancestry bought out, it was there, then they stopped it? I lost what I paid for! :eh:
I don't really understand it enough...need to learn more!
You and chiddicks have been very helpful in my learning though!

Lets hope the cost doesn't go up! :grin:

if its a mtdna it a maternal test mother to mother etc it will be with FTDNA they would still able to find your result if you contact them ive just done a Y111 for my Paternal side down the male line might get the mtdna done later, don't think ancestry owns them though

you got your kit no ? written down anywhere
grangers14

Return to The Snug