Social Bubbles

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Social Bubbles

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:13 am

So this is the latest one.....you can meet with a household that has one person in
as though they are part of your household but no other household in that way.

But does that mean you can still see other people to make up a group of 6 outside
In which case what good will all that do....you will be spreading the joy to that person and 6 others.

That will work won't it..............NOT!!

What about the other Grandparents not on their own but longing to have their grandkids
overnight or indoors.

And they are thinking of reducing the 2m rule...which to be honest should be abolished now.

What is being done about tests to see if we have had this virus....it is quiet on that front.
Northern Lass

Re: Social Bubbles

Postby peterd » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:19 am

testing for anti body is happening along with testing for the virus in fact they want people who have had the virus to come forward to give blood as the plasma can help others to recover quicker
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby grangers14 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:39 pm

It is all confusing! :?

Yes you can still meet outside with a group of 6 other people.

I wonder if I pick in a hat what family/friends I could have inside it would be possible when I am alone? But not when my husband is home?

A person I know has had the virus, the family all had a positive test. He and family had 2 other tests to see if negative, both were. No anti body test as of yet?

My husband was checked for the virus before work, he was negative but I think the anti body tests will be more valuable so tests for virus won't be wasted.
A person he worked with had a positive test. The following test negative. How reliable are they?

How long does the antibodies last for ? That is not known yet.
grangers14

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:14 am

Yep and I haven't heard anything about rolling out antibody tests

They haven't got it together on this at all
It is a mess!

This contact and trace....how do you know if you get an email or text it isn't from a scam.

And opening up pubs and restaurants how can you keep away from people.

They should concentrate on getting everyone tested to see if we have had it.
Along with testing for who has it now.
And tear up the rule book about distancing and not meeting others.

It is out there and has been with us for awhile now and will have swept thru this country
some showing symptoms some not
Northern Lass

Return to The Snug