Meeting Family and Friends

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Re: Meeting Family and Friends

Postby SRD » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:09 am

It's certainly a mess, but only to be expected from the buffoons in charge, I get comfort from BBC Radio 4's "More or Less" which helps explain very carefully the risks we're running and explodes some of the myths being peddled about.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby Frodo » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:11 pm

So I finally moved from the outskirts of Sheffield to Manchester to a retirement flat in Didsbury by sheer fluke about 10 minutes walk away from where I lived in the 70ies as a student. It is really nice and I have met some other residents but unfortunately Manchester lockdown means the communal lounge is out of bounds and it is difficult getting furniture etc sorted. I'm looking forward to the time when I can safely explore the city.

On the plus side I am now a short ride from my daughter and her family and we can meet as I have a single person bubble with them.

I notice Birmingham is now going down the same path so good luck to all those affected.
Frodo

Postby grangers14 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:51 pm

That is lovely you have safely moved and to be near your daughter. I'm sure you will find comfort in that after your difficult time. :-)

I hope soon you can explore more and get to know your neighbours more.

Our area is on the "watch" list...sure many more will be and local lockdowns too. All you can do is go by the guidelines :?
grangers14

Postby mjay » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:43 am

Yep its back to lock down for us in sandwell.
I'm going to install a till in my home. Then my few friends and parents can visit. Its mad that you can go to a pub/resturant with upto 6 of you but you can't have friends or family in your home or garden.
Researching: Yates,Hunt,Brookes,Artess,Sheldon,Thornton,Hooper,Crowley,Lacy,Downes,Weaver,Artess
mjay

Postby grangers14 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:37 pm

Is that your restrictions now in Sandwell, mjay or England?
I am lost with what is possible or not! :?
Some areas near us are likely to go on local lockdowns soon, not us yet? Just on watch list...but people haven't been able to get tested?

I have become sort of more recluse... :? some friends have said you don't ring anymore, nor messages.
I haven't anything to say really? Only bad stuff, so don't really like to phone or message! :roll:

Our kids have been round, generally in the garden, separately with grandchildren.
Met up very infrequently with friends in the garden...just as 2 couples...
Husband about a couple of weeks at a time, so company :wink:

Only been to very important appointments...but being in a car is so scary!
All seems so fast! :shock: husband and kids play war with me flinching! :lol:

Stay safe!
grangers14

Postby mjay » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:41 pm

The restriction are for sandwell Solihull & Birmingham Jo. Wolverhampton, Dudley & Walsall are being monitored too.
Sorry to hear your not getting out & about much
I haven't driven much either mainly not feeling well but I agree so so busy out there.
I know what you mean about texting or messaging friends. Running out of conversation too so your not on your own with that one.
Message me any time I'm always free.

Take care
Researching: Yates,Hunt,Brookes,Artess,Sheldon,Thornton,Hooper,Crowley,Lacy,Downes,Weaver,Artess
mjay

Previous

Return to The Snug