Meeting Family and Friends

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Meeting Family and Friends

Postby grangers14 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:31 pm

Well we managed to meet our children and grandchildren the last couple off days. A friend not seen since January too.

Have you?

Felt very strange, I was very much on edge! :roll:

They had to use the loo, so I was saying, use the wipes after and they rolled their eyes! :shock:

Lovely but scary too, I so much want to hug them all, just can not yet! Grand children looking oddly why you haven't given them a cuddle?
grangers14

Re: Meeting Family and Friends

Postby maryann » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:34 am

Yes, it is very scary! Because I'm in the high risk group (age & medical conditions) I haven't been able to spend time with my grandson because he works at the hospital. It makes me very sad, and now with all the protests & violence going on here it probably will be awhile before I see him. All these idiots running around with no masks or social distancing are making things worse. I have forgotten what "normal" feels like.
maryann

Postby grangers14 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:39 pm

Oh Maryann how terrible for you. :( I have seen some of the troubles on tv that you are going through! It is all so terribly sad!

I have health problems but have not been classed as high risk, I am not taking chances at the moment.
It's awful as I am a very tactile person, love giving hugs... :roll:

I hope you and your family all stay safe from everything that is going on! xx
grangers14

Postby grangers14 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:14 pm

Well the weather has put a stop to any visitors! :roll:
grangers14

Postby grangers14 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:41 pm

My husband will be home tonight! :grin:
Almost 3 weeks at work...

Less lonely days and nights, although he will be in our bedroom and me in the other.
Best be safe! :(

I hope anyone reading, is not feeling as lonely as I have felt and that sometime soon things will be brighter for us all :)

If you are feeling lonely or scared, I am sending you much love and positive thoughts! :wave:
grangers14

Postby Frodo » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:33 pm

They are still long and lonely days when you live alone. Being in the 65+ age group I feel quite vulnerable and am reluctant to go to anywhere that might have a lot of people about. I am hoping to move home in a few weeks time so am sticking to food delivery a short walk round the local streets and an occasional chat with a neighbour just to limit contact.

I was lucky last week as my daughter, her husband and my three and a half years old grandson came over for a visit. We managed to keep a social distance - the grandson seems to understand - but it was difficult not being able to hug especially as it was the first time we'd seen each other since lockdown started.
Frodo

Postby mjay » Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:16 pm

Great news hubby is coming home Jo
Sorry to hear you've been home alone, message or facetime me any time your alone again. We can talk about anything. Sending love and positive thoughts too for brighter days and for when we can hug everyone again.

grangers14 wrote:My husband will be home tonight! :grin:
Almost 3 weeks at work...

Less lonely days and nights, although he will be in our bedroom and me in the other.
Best be safe! :(

I hope anyone reading, is not feeling as lonely as I have felt and that sometime soon things will be brighter for us all :)

If you are feeling lonely or scared, I am sending you much love and positive thoughts! :wave:
Researching: Yates,Hunt,Brookes,Artess,Sheldon,Thornton,Hooper,Crowley,Lacy,Downes,Weaver,Artess
mjay

Postby grangers14 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:58 pm

Understandable Frodo!
I normally rely on food deleveries when my husband is away...so hard to get one though here! I use Asda, now it's weeks ahead to book a slot and then you can only change your order 7 days ahead and only once! :?

Good luck with moving home, I hope it goes smoothly!

Thank you mjay! :grin:

Phone calls and video calls are so good but the lack of human contact is just awful! :(
grangers14

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:25 am

It is all getting a bit confusing now.

Everything starting to open up again which is good....but
we need to I think be able to see who we like now and when we like.

This virus is out there and we have to live our lives but be sensible
at the same time.

I think it is getting everyone down and I feel it is unclear what we can and can't do.

How the pubs can open up safely I have no idea....it won't work.

People are doing what they want to and social distancing is getting tiresome.

Get us all tested see who has had it and who has not.
Northern Lass

Postby Rob » Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:20 pm

Over here in Der Nederlands we are still being encouraged to be sensible and adhere to " sensible " lockdown and social distancing. 5 May is Liberation Day in Holland and is always celebrated by the reigning Monarch and other dignitaries placing wreaths on the Dam the national memorial situated in a large square usually attended by 100's of people. This year due to Corona only a handful of people were allowed to attend and commemorate the millions of victims who have perished due to war and racial prejudice. Less than 4 weeks later the Dam was literally packed with people demonstrating that Black Lives Matter !! The Mayor of Amsterdam decided to let the demonstration take place because of its importance. She even mingled with the crowd shoulder to shoulder without a face mask!! I haven't cuddled my grandkids for what seems an eternity and we have stayed in not only for our own safety but to reduce the pressure on Hospitals. It beggars belief what is happening at the moment. Of course Black Lives Matter all lives matter.I'll stop before i say things i shouldn't.
Rob

Postby grangers14 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:27 pm

Yes there is no clarity in any of it. :roll:

It is a new virus, causing a lot of deaths. We should have locked down weeks before we did. Perhaps now they will learn from mistakes?

We have had protests here, one I had seen on TV, they were all silent, on one knee and social distancing. So that wasn't so bad. Oh and most had masks on.
Silly to be crowded and mingling! :shock:

Longing for cuddles... :(
grangers14

Postby Rob » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:39 am

If we had a knee bending salute in our street it'd take some of the residents a minute or 10 to get back up again ! :roll:
Rob

Postby grangers14 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 4:46 pm

And now we can only meet up to six people...but we can go to a pub, restaurant, use public transport :?: :?

Not that I have met up with more than six people or been to any other places...

How confusing! :o
grangers14

Postby SRD » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:08 am

I think it's because Track & Trace (not just here but throughout the world) has shown that the majority of infections are occurring within family groups with comparatively little passing on of infection in more public places (presumably because, on the whole, we're more careful in public places than at home). If you think about it at a family occasion, especially with everyone mucking in to help with things like laying the table, dishing up, clearing up etc., it must be much easier to pass on the infection. I think the number of people being limited to six is purely down to facilitating T&T.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby grangers14 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:48 pm

I understand that SRD. I think a lot is to do with trying to keep economy going too...

Really though I just can't get my head around the restrictions now. :?

Schools around here are having to close "bubbles" or year groups because of the infection.
Is it because there is more testing although many have to travel miles to get it!

It is a terrible mess and scary!
grangers14

Next

Return to The Snug