Should have gone to Barnard Castle!

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Re: Should have gone to Barnard Castle!

Postby rockyfowler » Fri May 29, 2020 6:17 am

Well done Peterd :clap: anyone can see all the bias on the media especially the tv channels just watch and see for yourselves :oops: all that he did was to protect his child under the lock down rules a lot of people would have and probably did but are afraid to say :cry: .there are more juicy stories of opposition MPS such as the SNP who are worshipped like gods on the media yet no one hounds them for all their costly mistakes and squandered tax payer`s money :grin:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Fri May 29, 2020 6:59 am

Durham police say that
They found that when he subsequently drove to Barnard Castle to check his eyesight "there might have been a minor breach" of the law.
and said that if an officer had stopped Mr Cummings on the way to or from the town he would have been told to return to his father's property.

The bit about testing eyesight is just ridiculous!!
And downright inconsiderate of others.
If he was worried about eyesight he should not have driven and endangered others.

I am now going to wash my hands to Wash this man right out of my hair.....and wash this Man away! 8)
Northern Lass

Postby rockyfowler » Fri May 29, 2020 7:10 am

Please please DO NOT FOLLOW THE MEDIA WITCH HUNT :oops: the full statement from Durham police https://www.durham.police.uk/news-and-e ... ent--.aspx Best to forget it and look after our own loved ones let the politicions and biased media fight it out Do not worry most sensible people will follow the NHS medical advice and keep safe regardless what the media say :grin: We are fighting a war :cry: :oops: its like its on two fronts- no help from bias media dragging innocent public into their agenda unlike during the war against Hitler we helped and applauded our Government till we won then kicked them out after :grin: https://www.expressandstar.com/news/hea ... -lockdown/
Last edited by rockyfowler on Sat May 30, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Fri May 29, 2020 8:12 am

Just seen this.....brill....Specsavers and opticians around Durham will make a fortune from this

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... -cummings/

:lol: :lol:
Northern Lass

Postby rockyfowler » Fri May 29, 2020 9:06 am

Total bias what a load of twaddle hope they all get the bug and see how they like it :roll: :roll: :grin:
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Fri May 29, 2020 9:11 am

I can see clearly now ...I can see all obstacles in my way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FscIgtDJFXg

here is the rainbow I have been praying for! :lol:
Northern Lass

Postby gardener » Fri May 29, 2020 10:54 am

Northern Lass wrote:I can see clearly now ...I can see all obstacles in my way
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FscIgtDJFXg

here is the rainbow I have been praying for! :lol:

That reminds me of that old joke :-)
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby gardener » Fri May 29, 2020 11:09 am

Seen from a distance, I think the UK media has behaved disgracefully over this, with endless mis-interpretations of what was said.
He actually said "On Sunday 12 April, 15 days after I had first displayed symptoms, I decided to return to work. My wife was very worried, particularly given my eyesight seemed to have been affected by the disease. She didn't want to risk a nearly 300-mile drive with our child, given how ill I had been. We agreed that we should go for a short drive to see if I could drive safely. " (Source: Independent.co.uk) and that could mean lots of things. Maybe he had a headache if he read. Maybe he had trouble concentrating.

Instead of asking what he meant, the media just jumped on the eyesight story and ran with it.

And I am tired of the suggestion that misbehaviour by Domonic Cummings should lead the general public to behave badly too. Following that logic the press should never report on an unsolved crime because it might encourage other people to go out have a crack at burglary or murder.

By all means report him to the police. Call for a police review of the matter. And then move on.

Maybe try asking why he is so essential to the PM. I would quite like to know that.
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby peterd » Fri May 29, 2020 2:27 pm

Northern Lass wrote:Durham police say that
They found that when he subsequently drove to Barnard Castle to check his eyesight "there might have been a minor breach" of the law.
and said that if an officer had stopped Mr Cummings on the way to or from the town he would have been told to return to his father's property.

The bit about testing eyesight is just ridiculous!!
And downright inconsiderate of others.
If he was worried about eyesight he should not have driven and endangered others.

I am now going to wash my hands to Wash this man right out of my hair.....and wash this Man away! 8)

he would of know pretty quick if his eyes were playing up I think it was more of checking for fatigue as 5 hr drive up the A1 can be tiering, and anyone who been in a car crash don't know if they can drive or fit to drive without getting in a car you could drive 5 miles and some one overtake you dangerously and you could panic causing and accident, so it boils down to getting in the car
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby peterd » Fri May 29, 2020 2:31 pm

gardener wrote:Seen from a distance, I think the UK media has behaved disgracefully over this, with endless mis-interpretations of what was said.
He actually said "On Sunday 12 April, 15 days after I had first displayed symptoms, I decided to return to work. My wife was very worried, particularly given my eyesight seemed to have been affected by the disease. She didn't want to risk a nearly 300-mile drive with our child, given how ill I had been. We agreed that we should go for a short drive to see if I could drive safely. " (Source: Independent.co.uk) and that could mean lots of things. Maybe he had a headache if he read. Maybe he had trouble concentrating.

Instead of asking what he meant, the media just jumped on the eyesight story and ran with it.

And I am tired of the suggestion that misbehaviour by Domonic Cummings should lead the general public to behave badly too. Following that logic the press should never report on an unsolved crime because it might encourage other people to go out have a crack at burglary or murder.

By all means report him to the police. Call for a police review of the matter. And then move on.

Maybe try asking why he is so essential to the PM. I would quite like to know that.

he been the architect behind the Brexit campaign and he a very astute person what the media are trying to do is break the Boris, Cummings, Frost triangle they said a while back Boris ICU care was a political stunt to discredit him next they will go after frost as they struck out with Boris and Cummings
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

peterd

Postby grangers14 » Fri May 29, 2020 7:18 pm

I am not political at all...all who have done things outside of recommendations are wrong.

The advise is stay at home.

Driving a car to see if eye sight is ok...no?
Just my thoughts.
grangers14

Postby peterd » Fri May 29, 2020 9:58 pm

how could he stay at home when he and his family were being hounded by the press and getting threats, also he got into the car to see if he was fit to drive not to check his eyesight the media are playing games he would of know straight away if his eyesight or coordination was playing up,

peterd

Postby Northern Lass » Sat May 30, 2020 11:23 am

Sounds to me like he mentions his eyesight and was he safe to drive query

If there was any danger that he was unfit to drive or any worry that he was
then he should not have got in a car.....end of!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/vi ... ight-video

"On Sunday 12 April, 15 days after I had first displayed symptoms, I decided to return to work. My wife was very worried, particularly given my eyesight seemed to have been affected by the disease. She didn't want to risk a nearly 300-mile drive with our child, given how ill I had been. We agreed that we should go for a short drive to see if I could drive safely. "
Northern Lass

Postby grangers14 » Sat May 30, 2020 6:23 pm

Agree NL.
grangers14

Postby peterd » Sun May 31, 2020 12:35 pm

Northern Lass wrote:Sounds to me like he mentions his eyesight and was he safe to drive query

If there was any danger that he was unfit to drive or any worry that he was
then he should not have got in a car.....end of!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/vi ... ight-video

"On Sunday 12 April, 15 days after I had first displayed symptoms, I decided to return to work. My wife was very worried, particularly given my eyesight seemed to have been affected by the disease. She didn't want to risk a nearly 300-mile drive with our child, given how ill I had been. We agreed that we should go for a short drive to see if I could drive safely. "

seemed being the word, not that it had and the short drive could also check his concentration if he going to get fatigue driving and the only way to check this is to get in a car, he would of read newspapers etc so he would of know his vision wasn't blurred etc think the paper are manufacturing something out of nothing

peterd

Previous

Return to The Snug