Kindle

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Kindle

Postby Northern Lass » Tue May 12, 2020 9:59 am

Anyone got one

any advice...

Wolvie wants one he gets thru loads of books
our place is like a library!!

If you have one which one do you recommend and how do you order the books for kindle.
Northern Lass

Re: Kindle

Postby rockyfowler » Tue May 12, 2020 10:08 am

:wink:
Last edited by rockyfowler on Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Jimmy » Tue May 12, 2020 11:05 am

I use my smart phone as a kindle.
Just trying to do my bit for BCC, bringing families back together.
Jimmy

Postby gardener » Tue May 12, 2020 8:09 pm

Mine just decided not to charge anymore, but it is very old so no complaints. One of my daughters has a simple one even though she has an iPhone. They are great for holidays (remember those) because you don't need to drag multiple books along. I'm going to get a new one as soon as my bank account has recovered from recent expenses
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby Rob » Wed May 13, 2020 11:04 am

We had a chemistry teacher at my senior school Oldbury Technical,in the local jargon simply The Tech, called Mr Ronald Kindle. Nice fellow to me anyway. He later became Head Master at Rowley Regis Secondary Modern Boys School or again in the local jargon Brittania ( is it two t's and one n or one t and 2 n's ?) Road.
Rob

Postby mjay » Wed May 13, 2020 11:39 am

I have kindle app on my smart phone & Samsung tablet 8)
Researching: Yates,Hunt,Brookes,Artess,Sheldon,Thornton,Hooper,Crowley,Lacy,Downes,Weaver,Artess
mjay

Postby Margarett » Thu May 14, 2020 8:18 am

I'm on my second one. I wouldn't be without it, particularly useful for holidays, as I would take 3 or 4 books every time! You buy/download books from Amazon. Very easy to use. Mine's a paperwhite. No dazzle if using outside.
Margarett

Postby grangers14 » Thu May 14, 2020 6:27 pm

My husband loves his! There are free books too.
grangers14

Postby rockyfowler » Thu May 14, 2020 10:13 pm

It was Britannia :thumbup:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Fri May 15, 2020 8:12 am

Rob wrote:We had a chemistry teacher at my senior school Oldbury Technical,in the local jargon simply The Tech, called Mr Ronald Kindle. Nice fellow to me anyway. He later became Head Master at Rowley Regis Secondary Modern Boys School or again in the local jargon Brittania ( is it two t's and one n or one t and 2 n's ?) Road.

I bet no one held a kindle to him eh Rob! :lol:
Northern Lass

Postby Rob » Fri May 15, 2020 9:33 pm

Northern Lass wrote:
Rob wrote:We had a chemistry teacher at my senior school Oldbury Technical,in the local jargon simply The Tech, called Mr Ronald Kindle. Nice fellow to me anyway. He later became Head Master at Rowley Regis Secondary Modern Boys School or again in the local jargon Brittania ( is it two t's and one n or one t and 2 n's ?) Road.

I bet no one held a kindle to him eh Rob! :lol:

I promised myself ( thats the intro to a song "I promised myself " ) that i would try hard not to get involved in juvenile banter but it did make me titter. :lol: Wat song is that now ? I promised myself .... Nick Kaman !! I promised myself i promised i'd wait for you !! Got it ! I hate that on the tip of your tongue and it doesn't come !
Rob

Return to The Snug