Clear or unclear?

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Clear or unclear?

Postby Northern Lass » Tue May 12, 2020 9:55 am

So do you think that the current advice from the Govt is clear?

I suppose they are trying to get things moving a little.

I am okish with the guidelines...would have liked to be able to meet 2 people at one time.
So that I feel is unclear
Cos if Wolvie can meet one person
and I can meet one person
then that is 2 people we are meeting in a park at the same time.

So think that is bit rubbish and unclear.

I personally think that we should be allowed to do the social bubble thing and select group to mix with
and we have to be on each others list to mix with.

As far as the back to work ...that sounds a total mess!

I hope the employers are going to ensure adequate and safe distancing for their employees.
Masks
Hand sanitiser etc..

And face masks...what good are they unless surgical
and they need to go to NHS
So the ones we can get are not surgical and won't stop stuff getting thru ...might help if we
sneeze...but other than that.

Patchy and cloudy .....and I don't mean the weather.

:?
Northern Lass

Re: Clear or unclear?

Postby rockyfowler » Tue May 12, 2020 9:59 am

Ordinary Face Masks or scarfs etc are very good they prevent you spreading your disease - Surgical Masks are to prevent the wearer from catching it while with patients :P
We have to come out soon any way even I had a test paper yesterday so a lot of people are now being tested .If you need bad news on UK Gov always see the BBC or for unbiased reports there are plenty of unpaid media channels to see better picture :P
Good book for your Kindle collection BBC: Brainwashing Britain?: How and why the BBC controls your mind Kindle Edition :P
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Rob » Wed May 13, 2020 11:13 am

Our Dutch Government are slowly relaxing lockdown measures put in place. Instead of an "intelligent lockdown" we are being requested to be "intelligent in our movements".Well my intelligence , the little that i have, is telling me not to listen and just carry on as i have been doing avoiding people, not hard for me to do ! Beware a second wave !
Rob

Postby grangers14 » Thu May 14, 2020 6:39 pm

I think it is totally rubbish! :roll:
And flights come in, no quarantine for people from Ireland, Channel Islands or France? :?

You can walk, sit, 2m away from others but only none family?
Only meet one family member at a time but an estate agent and possible buyers in your home, cleaners etc...

My husband is going back to work, has to go in a hire car. Then in a hotel to isolate. Following day a test for the virus in another hotel. Day after another test, then off to work for at least 3 weeks.
Not all companies are doing the same restrictions! :roll:
grangers14

Return to The Snug