What is your favourite name for a budgie

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

What is your favourite name for a budgie

Postby Northern Lass » Sat May 02, 2020 3:13 pm

Rob is thinking of getting one and wants to come up with a name for it :lol:
Northern Lass

Re: What is your favourite name for a budgie

Postby rockyfowler » Sat May 02, 2020 5:30 pm

Got to be Bobby ? :grin:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby grangers14 » Sat May 02, 2020 6:08 pm

When I was little we had 2 budgies...both called Peter? :?

Two little dickie birds sitting on a wall,
one named Peter, one named Paul
Fly away Peter, fly away Paul
Come back Peter, come back Paul!

I used to be mesmerised by it!
Played it with my own kids, grand kids and many other children! :lol:
grangers14

Postby Rob » Sat May 02, 2020 8:34 pm

Northern Lass wrote:Rob is thinking of getting one and wants to come up with a name for it :lol:

I've been giving it some thought and i may call it Winnie. A dear old lady who i once admired many years ago.
Rob

Postby SRD » Sun May 03, 2020 7:25 am

Speedo?
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby Northern Lass » Sun May 03, 2020 8:04 am

SRD wrote:Speedo?

:lol: :lol:

So Rob....how about any of these names?

and George is deffo not the one.....
Northern Lass

Postby Rob » Sun May 03, 2020 10:40 am

If it's not George then i'm going to call it Winnie. I was thinking about Stirrer.I like that but it's Winnie ! It has a ring to it. Thanks for all your help. Oh i nearly forgot its not actually a Budgie its a Pied cockatiel. A mutation of cockatiel colour genetics, with a mostly grey to light-yellow and white feathers and orange cheek patches. So i'm looking forward to its arrival.
Rob

Postby mallosa » Mon May 04, 2020 5:45 am

Rob wrote:
Northern Lass wrote:Rob is thinking of getting one and wants to come up with a name for it :lol:

I've been giving it some thought and i may call it Winnie. A dear old lady who i once admired many years ago.

Tell us more about Winnie, Rob :grin:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby Rob » Mon May 04, 2020 11:11 am

Winnie? What can i say about Winnie? I think i was in love with her or was the word infatuated? She was a Parisiene of Armenian descent a graduate of Le Sorbonne who had married a Middle Class Englishman a Civil Servant and settled in Henley on Thames. The marriage produced only the one son Rodney and sadly the marriage floundered. Her Husband Dominic was a filanderer and after putting up with his many affairs his relationship with the next door neighbour was the final straw. So she packed her bags,taking her son Rodney who was now 35 with her she rehoused to Willenhall of all places. Maybe Rodneys fascination with locks was a key factor in the move i can't say but in Willenhall she was living when i first met her. I didn't meet her in Willenhall it was in Wetherspoons The Court of Requests , Oldbury where we first met. My reading Le Monde was probably what caught her attention after all she was,as i leter found out, a student of Le Sorbonne. We immediately felt a mutual rapport and after a few drinks i asked her if she fancied a Big Mac. So off we went,Me,My wife,Winnie and Rodney and her Budgie,who's name i can't recall at the minute.
Rob

Postby Northern Lass » Tue May 05, 2020 5:58 am

Rob wrote:Winnie? What can i say about Winnie? I think i was in love with her or was the word infatuated? She was a Parisiene of Armenian descent a graduate of Le Sorbonne who had married a Middle Class Englishman a Civil Servant and settled in Henley on Thames. The marriage produced only the one son Rodney and sadly the marriage floundered. Her Husband Dominic was a filanderer and after putting up with his many affairs his relationship with the next door neighbour was the final straw. So she packed her bags,taking her son Rodney who was now 35 with her she rehoused to Willenhall of all places. Maybe Rodneys fascination with locks was a key factor in the move i can't say but in Willenhall she was living when i first met her. I didn't meet her in Willenhall it was in Wetherspoons The Court of Requests , Oldbury where we first met. My reading Le Monde was probably what caught her attention after all she was,as i leter found out, a student of Le Sorbonne. We immediately felt a mutual rapport and after a few drinks i asked her if she fancied a Big Mac. So off we went,Me,My wife,Winnie and Rodney and her Budgie,who's name i can't recall at the minute.

That's not how Winnie remembers it!
She told me over a glass of sherry how you were on your own!
No wife insight!
She cocked an eye at you and you cocked an eye at her and you both stood there...
looking cockeyed! :crazy:

And Rodney wasn't her sons name....was it Robbie?

She did have her son living with her...or rather sponging off her.
Last I heard she had sold her flat and got a motor home and gone off travelling
around the UK....with her budgie...can't remember his name....on the tip of my tongue...the name that is not the budgie.

Son Robbie met a go go dancer from Brum...Kev I think his name was...and they are happy ever after there.

She was partial to a big mac and fries.
And as you said Rob an educated lady.

Travels with Winnie ....sounds like an interesting read who knows
maybe she will return
Until we meet again Winnie...
Bon Voyage!

:wink:
Northern Lass

Postby mallosa » Tue May 05, 2020 6:30 am

If I remember correctly, her son's name was Barry wasn't it?
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby Northern Lass » Tue May 05, 2020 6:37 am

mallosa wrote:If I remember correctly, her son's name was Barry wasn't it?

Yes it was!!
How could I forget that!! :roll:

Barry....

Just the Budgies name we need now :lol:
Northern Lass

Postby mallosa » Tue May 05, 2020 6:55 am

:think: Joey? Bobby?

mallosa

Postby rockyfowler » Tue May 05, 2020 7:13 am

Batty to be topical with the china bat flu?
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Rob » Tue May 05, 2020 12:06 pm

I remember now it was Barry ! It has been a few years ago now and my memory is not what it was. :( Rodney was Franky's partner they lived in Mincing Lane Rowley . Always squabbling and bickering. :shock: I wonder now and then in a quiet moment how Winnie is coping with life on the road.That would be a great title for a book "On The Road" wouldn't it? I never knew Barry her son had moved in with Kev from Brum ! Now thats a turnup for the book ! Kev with Barry !! Hey ho life goes on i suppose. Travels with Winnie? Bon Voyage
Rob

Next

Return to The Snug