Barbques

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Barbques

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:44 pm

Not got one and want one

what is the best one to get
and what coals do I buy.....

not expensive one ....just little cheapish one

:P
Northern Lass

Re: Barbques

Postby Rob » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:58 pm

All you need is a metal grill not unlike what you might find in the oven and a number of housebricks and you can build your own ! Failing that disposable ones are quite handy. I use charcoal briquettes and you wait until they go grey before putting your meat on the grill and if this is a wind-up lookout !!!
Rob

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:42 pm

Rob wrote:All you need is a metal grill not unlike what you might find in the oven and a number of housebricks and you can build your own ! Failing that disposable ones are quite handy. I use charcoal briquettes and you wait until they go grey before putting your meat on the grill and if this is a wind-up lookout !!!

no it is true!! ...real ...no wind up.

I can't build one but all the cheap ones seem to have been sold.
Northern Lass

Postby SRD » Fri May 01, 2020 7:17 am

In my experience most cheap BBQs rust away in a season or so, but I just stack a few bricks into a hollow square in which I light the fire then put an old roasting rack from the oven over the top once the coals have died down to a glow.
I'm not a fan of the 'ready to use' BBQs, they're loaded with briquettes that are doused in paraffin wax for easy lighting and I think it taints the food. For the same reason I don't like the lighter fuels they sell for BBQs I prefer to use paper & twigs if I've got the time or Meths if I'm in a hurry. I prefer to use charcoal rather than briquettes, true the briquettes do light and burn evenly but loose charcoal can be separated into large & small pieces, the small ones can be used if you've just got a piece of fish, a steak or sausages to cook, the larger ones can be used if your cooking a sizeable piece of meat like a butterflied leg of lamb.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby Rob » Fri May 01, 2020 1:23 pm

You see NL just make your own. If i can do it so can anyone. 2 left feet me or is it 2 left hands :? No its hands feet are when you cant dance. Good tips SRD.
Rob

Postby Northern Lass » Sat May 02, 2020 8:44 am

Rob wrote:You see NL just make your own. If i can do it so can anyone. 2 left feet me or is it 2 left hands :? No its hands feet are when you cant dance. Good tips SRD.

upstairs for thinking downstairs for dancing

I will say this only once...

I CANT MAKE MY OWN !!! :roll:
Northern Lass

Postby Rob » Sat May 02, 2020 12:00 pm

And The Wolfman ??? Or is he exhausted from too much cheering his team on ? :roll:
Rob

Postby Northern Lass » Sat May 02, 2020 3:12 pm

He can't tie his own shoelaces

no making one is not on....so will buy one from somewhere.
Northern Lass

Postby Rob » Sun May 03, 2020 10:46 am

Northern Lass wrote:He can't tie his own shoelaces

no making one is not on....so will buy one from somewhere.

Well i can't tell the time. I never know where the big finger is and what the little finger does thank goodness for digital clocks ! And i couldn't tie my shoelaces till i was 8. If they came undone and people said hey yer laces am undone i'd pretend i hadn't heard and wait until i got home so my Mom could do it. My Dad used to go mad at me if he was at home haha. So if Wolfie cant tie his shoelaces dont worry leave him alone. He can still learn !
Rob

Return to The Snug