4th Week of Lockdown

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

4th Week of Lockdown

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:19 am

Well seems longer to me.

Don't know about anyone else but it feels very very odd at the moment.
Very very isolated.

Death Toll in UK is high.
It must be very hard for some people.

Review about the lockdown is I believe due to be discussed.
Wonder if they will bring other measures in.
Northern Lass

Re: 4th Week of Lockdown

Postby Rob » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:04 am

The UK was late in going into lockdown and self isolation . The Netherlands went two weeks earlier. Maybe thats a reason why the death toll is higher in proportion to the population ?
Rob

Postby peterd » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:40 am

Rob wrote:The UK was late in going into lockdown and self isolation . The Netherlands went two weeks earlier. Maybe thats a reason why the death toll is higher in proportion to the population ?

the density of population will have an effect London alone is more than half of the Netherlands entire population
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby Rob » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:02 pm

Leave London as a separate issue Pete,
The lived density figure for the Netherlands is 546 people per km², compared to 531 for England, so overall the percentages of cases of Covid-19 worked out at the population figures would suggest that the UK have far more cases. I still say the delay in reacting to the virus by the UK Government is a key factor in the amount of tragic loss of life.
Rob

Postby peterd » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:21 pm

you still got large conurbation in the Midlands, Manchester. Liverpool, West Yorkshire where the population is very high in density a lot more than the Netherlands has, you also have larger moorlands, forestry and national Parks which are thinly populated, you cannot compare due to the infectious nature of this virus do you honestly think china gave us their right death and infection numbers I don't
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

peterd

Postby grangers14 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:27 pm

I didn't realise it was 4 weeks yet? :?

It is not often I go out...perhaps why?

I just see the frustration in our family members and friends...lost jobs and low on money.
This tells you how it is effecting the uk
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/#regions

Sadly I check it each day! :roll:
My cousin works in the labs in our local hospital, she is doing loads of overtime and they are working day and night doing mainly NHS workers.

I think each area and country do their own results I am not sure how that is collected? Today in the uk were released people who had passed away in care homes, that is only to 3rd April. :roll:

I feel the uk did not react quickly enough, nor other countries to be honest. It was all over early this year.
As most know my son lives in China so has been a worry for us for many months and where it would spread!

I broke my arm the other week. :roll: I was scared to go to hospital! :roll:
So tried to DIY first aid at home...5 days later was brave enough to go after speaking to 111.

I was very scared, starting a panic attack sat in the waiting room...tried deep breathing then it got worse as I was thinking breathing in germs! :roll:

Thursday I have to go back to the hospital. I will be worried.
They were very organised there, so I hope my visit will be less scary!

Stay safe everyone!
grangers14

Postby peterd » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:20 pm

stay safe Jo, think it caught everyone by surprise, don't think the Chinese helped with there cover up in the beginning

peterd

Postby mjay » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:49 am

4 weeks, I've been home for 6 weeks, had a little stroll around the block once or twice but that's it.
We sadly lost my uncle this morning to this vile virus. He was taken to QE hospital on Sunday. The worst part was not seeing him and now not seeing family for hugs.
Another friend is an ICU nurse at QE & she's self isolating after contracting virus.

Sorry to hear you've broke your arm Jo take care & stay safe everyone x
Researching: Yates,Hunt,Brookes,Artess,Sheldon,Thornton,Hooper,Crowley,Lacy,Downes,Weaver,Artess
mjay

Postby peterd » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:41 pm

condolences mjay

peterd

Postby grangers14 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:41 am

Very sorry to read that mjay. Deepest sympathies to you and all your family.
grangers14

Postby kdwoodie » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:05 am

So sorry mjay, condolences to you and your family.
kdwoodie

Return to The Snug