Easter how and what are you all doing

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Easter how and what are you all doing

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:37 am

So how is your Easter going so far?

What are you up to?

I am doing more research again, reading books and looking forward to Wolvie
going back to work!

That is the most challenging thing! Him being off working from home!!! :shock:

Just got the book the Assistant.....the one where the Alexa thingy talks to the owner.....I have
turned ours off now!!

:?
Northern Lass

Re: Easter how and what are you all doing

Postby rockyfowler » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:28 am

We will all be nailed to the cross soon if it keeps on :(
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:18 am

rockyfowler wrote:We will all be nailed to the cross soon if it keeps on :(

and.....always look on the bright side of life.... :P
Northern Lass

Postby Silver surfer » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:25 am

I am trying to find jobs to do in my pristine, well-kept, low maintenance garden. Have already stained fence panels, garden benches, painted a few interior doors etc. Think might just sit down. Problem is if this goes on for months I shall be stir crazy. :angel: :angel:
Researching Foley, Burley, Dean, Danks, Smith, Pugh, Hughes, Shakespeare.
Silver surfer

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:52 pm

Silver surfer wrote:I am trying to find jobs to do in my pristine, well-kept, low maintenance garden. Have already stained fence panels, garden benches, painted a few interior doors etc. Think might just sit down. Problem is if this goes on for months I shall be stir crazy. :angel: :angel:

Blimey SS you have been a busy bee!
I saved a sheep and lamb the other day.....well the sheep might have
been saved if it had been looked at earlier....but busy farmers I suppose.

So I am with you SS and will go Baaahmy soon.....might already be there :grin:
Northern Lass

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:58 pm

rockyfowler wrote:We will all be nailed to the cross soon if it keeps on :(

I love an optimist !!
Rob

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:19 pm

Since being in lock down i've painted and decorated our living room. Painted the Garden House sorted out the shed and cleaned the patios. The attic window fell out whilst i was oiling it,it was 35 years old, but i've managed to put it back in till it can be replaced. July at the earliest possibly August maybe !! We, my wife and i, went for a car ride 2 days ago to have a look at the bulb fields in bloom. Het Keukenhof is closed but the surrounding fields are in full bloom. The Germans have been told to stay away this Easter because they always come in droves. I don't mind being isolated i'm happy just to potter around the house but my wife however is getting a bit more irritated with me for some reason. I don't for the life of me understand why. Very strange. The only downside is that my grandkids can only talk to us on the telephone or through the window and the youngest grandson only 2 broke his collar bone 3 days ago when falling off the garden swing. Other than that its good, My Ukelele playing is coming on in leaps and bounds but i don't understand when i start as George Harrison i always end up as George Formby !! I think we're going to come out of this as different people. A different world. Keep safe everyone xxx
Rob

Postby SRD » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:14 am

To be honest it's not that much different for us, we can't get out to gigs, but most of our usual venues close for the summer festival season anyway, and a lot of the artists and venues are providing online concerts. We can't get to eat out, which I miss as I do all the usual cooking, and eating out gives me a break. Our cleaner (provided by Carers Support Wiltshire) can't come in but she's doing our shopping instead. No going to the pub to meet mates but FB & email keep us in touch and there are some halfways decent bottled beers out there which are usually cheaper than the pub. For fresh air we've got quite a large garden which is lovely at this time of the year and I'm not one for going for walks anyway. All in all we're pretty lucky although MrsSRD misses contacts with other people.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:07 am

I shaved Wolvies head yesterday!

:P

Ha Ha Ha ...you should have seen him....bless him ...he had tufts at the front then bald...
then loads of white hair round the sides and back.

So I shaved the front got rid of wispy bits.....so funny he was so sad said it made him look old....
I said you are old and now you look really Old....SHAVE IT ALL OFF ....says I.

So he let me loose with the scissors and razor :P :P

It has knocked 20 years off him!..... :shock:
I look like his mother next to him!!

Got myself a Toy boy!!

:lol: :lol:
Northern Lass

Return to The Snug