PPE for NHS and others

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

PPE for NHS and others

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:43 am

This has surprised me how little was actioned earlier on.

I honestly think it has been a disgrace that the leaders saw what was happening in china
and didn't order up on PPE for NHs

and they should have started testing much earlier

Utter disgrace that these Nurses Doctors and Health workers are putting their lives at risk
every day....working blind...don't know who has it or has had it and don't have the proper equipment.

Those in charge should be ashamed of themselves.

Get the testing done quicker and get more PPE stuff made.

Also can we spare a thought for the teachers ..my dau is one of them...who have gone into school at great risk
and no social distancing there
you try and distance a child from coming up and wanting comfort because they are distressed

Hats off to all those putting themselves at risk each and every day

and everyone keep safe....keep in where you can

8pm tonight I will be out there banging a big drum!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Northern Lass

Re: PPE for NHS and others

Postby rockyfowler » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:31 am

Do NOT do a Corbin with your drum!!(He walked up and down the street the ****** :shock:) Keep away from others and remember sick people at home in bed trying to get some rest :roll:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby peterd » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:06 pm

why is everyone blaming the government when you pay a lot of money for vast amounts of NHS manager to procure this type of equipment surely the questions should be asked what were they doing?
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby rockyfowler » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:36 pm

:roll:
Last edited by rockyfowler on Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Silver surfer » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:38 pm

The government was aware that there was a possibility of a virus pandemic more potent than SARS back in 2017 and there was a contingency of about £800m to be put into the NHS for PPE and ventilators etc but it was shelved and the money spent in the private sector.
Can anyone tell me why all you hear is how many are dying, not what they are doing to control the disease. Seems they are just relying on peoples immune system to try to overcome it. I heard 3 labs had offered to work together to try to find some sort of treatment and they are still awaiting the gov to get back to them!
I don't wish Boris any harm and I hope he recovers soon, but he has far too lax in getting to grips with this dilemma.
Incidently my partners brother is now in icu after catching the virus after he lost his wife on mothers day. Just hope they don't remove his ventilator to treat a younger person. :( :cry:
Researching Foley, Burley, Dean, Danks, Smith, Pugh, Hughes, Shakespeare.
Silver surfer

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:31 am

Silver surfer wrote:The government was aware that there was a possibility of a virus pandemic more potent than SARS back in 2017 and there was a contingency of about £800m to be put into the NHS for PPE and ventilators etc but it was shelved and the money spent in the private sector.
Can anyone tell me why all you hear is how many are dying, not what they are doing to control the disease. Seems they are just relying on peoples immune system to try to overcome it. I heard 3 labs had offered to work together to try to find some sort of treatment and they are still awaiting the gov to get back to them!
I don't wish Boris any harm and I hope he recovers soon, but he has far too lax in getting to grips with this dilemma.
Incidently my partners brother is now in icu after catching the virus after he lost his wife on mothers day. Just hope they don't remove his ventilator to treat a younger person. :( :cry:

I agree SS well said :wink:

There was this unknown virus coming to the fore mentioned last year in china
surely anything that is unknown would get the other countries ears burning!

The front line nurses are going into situations by their own admissions...nothing to do with papers....saying that they don't have the equipment.
That they are desperate for PPE that they are putting their own lives in danger.
This is fact.

There should have been a stock of PPE ready for this situation.
Nurses and other front line players should be protected they are risking their lives for others.
Get this needed equipment out to those that need it.
Get more testing done
Use other companies that have offered
Stop pontificating and get moving.

:roll:
Northern Lass

Postby rockyfowler » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:15 am

Easy to moan but I trust them and would rather advise them of problems- they are`nt stupid and are doing their very best in a very bad situation its war out there I applaud them :P
rockyfowler

Postby rockyfowler » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:58 pm

From Russells Hall Hospital yesterday https://www.halesowennews.co.uk/news/18 ... equipment/
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:35 am

bbc news "A doctors' union has said many of its members are still not getting the protective equipment they need to treat patients with coronavirus.

The British Medical Association (BMA) said doctors were putting their lives at risk."
Northern Lass

Postby Silver surfer » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:30 am

I'm sorry RF but I have to disagree with you. They got it wrong, and that's it! At the outset they said it was more a case of flu and some would suffer more than others. Then it was a disease which would affect mostly old and those with an underlying condition. Its funny how so many young fit and healthy have died. I know it was an unknown but most of Europe had it before us so there should have been some advanced warning about its true effects. if we had done more testing, and I don't mean when people have got the virus but if they did catch it and recover perhaps there blood would show any new antibodies etc.
My sister in law has been hospitalised with it but has recovered and been isolating for 10days to date, but she s still nervous about having to go out after as she doesn't know if she is now immune. A test would probably reassure her. She has seen what this has done to her family and the dreadful way in which people die and doesn't want to repeat it.

The WHO has been a complete waste of time with so much misinformation. They may have the "expertism" but where is the common sense?

Lets hope there is a swift end to this but I very much doubt it.
Researching Foley, Burley, Dean, Danks, Smith, Pugh, Hughes, Shakespeare.
Silver surfer

Postby rockyfowler » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:07 am

:?:
Last edited by rockyfowler on Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:12 am

Silver surfer wrote:I'm sorry RF but I have to disagree with you. They got it wrong, and that's it! At the outset they said it was more a case of flu and some would suffer more than others. Then it was a disease which would affect mostly old and those with an underlying condition. Its funny how so many young fit and healthy have died. I know it was an unknown but most of Europe had it before us so there should have been some advanced warning about its true effects. if we had done more testing, and I don't mean when people have got the virus but if they did catch it and recover perhaps there blood would show any new antibodies etc.
My sister in law has been hospitalised with it but has recovered and been isolating for 10days to date, but she s still nervous about having to go out after as she doesn't know if she is now immune. A test would probably reassure her. She has seen what this has done to her family and the dreadful way in which people die and doesn't want to repeat it.

The WHO has been a complete waste of time with so much misinformation. They may have the "expertism" but where is the common sense?

Lets hope there is a swift end to this but I very much doubt it.

I agree with you SS

Much more widespread testing.
South Korea seems to have nailed it earlier

However seems to have re emerged there again....
so immunity seems suspect

:?
Northern Lass

Postby rockyfowler » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:15 am

:clap:
Last edited by rockyfowler on Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:48 pm

BMA say that they haven't got enough in certain areas

Govt need to do whatever it takes to get that stock to those who need it.
Northern Lass

Postby grangers14 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:36 pm

They need all equipment checked and out as soon as possible! :shock:
Should have been done sooner to have adequate supplies...they knew it was coming! :roll:
grangers14

Return to The Snug