Well so far so good with the other half!

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Well so far so good with the other half!

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:13 am

Well Wolvie and I haven't killed each other yet.
He is working from Home and has got a good regime going so stays out the way apart
from a quick tea break and lunch break.
Good lad!!

We seem to be pulling together ok.

The thing is how do we know that this virus wasn't around months ago.
It says that last year something was noted a cluster of pneumonia cases
So how do we know that it wasn't doing the tour a lot earlier thanFeb/March this year?

In January I was really ill with something...just thought it was flu.
We need these tests rolled out.

To see if we have the antibodies.

Then Wolvie can go to work! 8)
Northern Lass

Re: Well so far so good with the other half!

Postby grangers14 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:25 pm

:lol: :lol:

I will know next week at some point I hope! :shock:
He has to get back from his work first! :roll:
2 taken off as suspected virus, one last Saturday and another today! :(

Hopefully the tests will get out, to see who has it and if you have had it!

I am sure if this was about months ago there would be many more deaths that would have alerted medical staff?
Who knows? :?
grangers14

Postby SRD » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:05 am

My sister & brother-in-law think they had it back in January (as do their doctors), his head office is in the States and he makes regular trips to and fro and thinks he picked it up in JFK in New York in the transit lounge.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby rockyfowler » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:50 am

Hope you`v got a good pair of scissors as you both become hairdressers as it could last at least till June perhaps? :wink:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby rockyfowler » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:42 pm

A letter from Boris on the way to you and every household that should please the post person :!: it is safe to press on this link https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ovirus.PDF :thumbup:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby grangers14 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:03 pm

rockyfowler wrote:A letter from Boris on the way to you and every household that should please the post person :!: it is safe to press on this link https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... ovirus.PDF :thumbup:

I had seen that...doesn't really make sense to me to use all that paper, stamps :?

rockyfowler wrote:Hope you`v got a good pair of scissors as you both become hairdressers as it could last at least till June perhaps? :wink:

I will just use my husbands hair clippers and hope I don't have an accident with them like I did a couple of years ago! :shock: :lol:
grangers14

Postby rockyfowler » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:34 pm

A lot of people still rush into A & E hospitals with the virus (understandable with the terrible symptoms) and give it everyone there :roll:
rockyfowler

Postby BC Wench » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:05 pm

rockyfowler wrote:Hope you`v got a good pair of scissors as you both become hairdressers as it could last at least till June perhaps? :wink:

I've got shortish, fine straight hair and in the past I've tried to let it grow, but then it gets to the point where you think Oh I can't be bothered with this, then have it cut short again. Now, seeing as I'm isolated for goodness knows how long and only Ken to see me, if I shaved off all my hair, when it started to grow again, would it be thicker :roll:
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Postby Rob » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:01 pm

Yes !! And maybe Ken would like a bald headed Barbie around . Has Ken still got his own hair ? I know his mate Peter is as bald as a badger or is it coot?
Rob

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:19 am

Wolvie has ordered clippers to shave his off!

I said I would do it with a very sharp knife I have!! :P
Northern Lass

Postby gardener » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:06 am

BC Wench wrote:
... if I shaved off all my hair, when it started to grow again, would it be thicker :roll:

No. You only have one hair per follicle and shaving is not going to change that.

I decided last summer that I was fed up of having my hair short - it seemed to need cutting more and more frequently and with old age looming I quite fancied spending less at the hairdresser's. Plus, I've been watching a lot of Scandinavian murder mysteries and lots of the older women have long hair that they can put up in some clever Scandinavian way. Anyhow, I've tried going longer between cuts but each time I go for a trim the hairdresser mutters about keeping the proportions right and I come away with a trimmed fringe and hair that is still (after 8 months) too short to tie back. So I'm pleased that the hairdressers have all been shut. I'm hoping that by the summer I will have a great thatch of hair :-)
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Return to The Snug