Happy Brexit Day

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Re: Happy Brexit Day

Postby peterd » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:13 pm

Rob wrote:You have an Icelandic passport Gardner? I promised me Dad 50 years ago i would never foresake my British passport !! No i'm only kidding but it would be an emotional wrench i think to foresake British citizenship. I don't think i could do it. Who would i support when we compete for the Jules Rimet? :? No i'm going to see whatever comes along and take it on the chin like a British Bulldog !! Rule Brittania Land of Hope and Glory and West Brom for the Double promotion to the Premier and FA Cup winners !! 8) :thumbup: :wink:

you can go for dual you don't have to give your uk passport up I have a mate who has two an English one and an aussie one
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby gardener » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:05 pm

Not all countries allow dual nationality. Norway doesn't I think, and the Netherlands only seem to allow it in special cases. Iceland used to be dead stroppy. You had to give up the old one AND change your name to something Icelandic, but they have gone soft little by little and now allow dual and no name change.
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby peterd » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:12 pm

he might not need to as the latest poll show 50% of Dutch want out of the EU
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Previous

Return to The Snug