Happy Brexit Day

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Happy Brexit Day

Postby rockyfowler » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:34 am

At last !!! We can all be happy now and just get on with life -let the government sort the details out :grin: :grin:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Re: Happy Brexit Day

Postby peterd » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:23 am

rockyfowler wrote:At last !!! We can all be happy now and just get on with life -let the government sort the details out :grin: :grin:

as long as boris doesn't mess it up :roll:
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby rockyfowler » Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:04 pm

Steady as she goes we are all in this venture together :grin: It`l be just like we were in 1972 :thumbup:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Silver surfer » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:42 pm

Shame that the long awaited Brexit was overshadowed by the coronavirus. Why on earth is that York hotel still open and why are we bringing people back into the country. Another case of shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.
Researching Foley, Burley, Dean, Danks, Smith, Pugh, Hughes, Shakespeare.
Silver surfer

Postby SRD » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:25 am

For most people the corona virus isn't much worse than a cold (and it is of the same family as the common cold) and current death rates, mainly in countries where the health service isn't as good as ours, is about the same as for a 'flu epidemic. I think the main problem here will be the extra pressure put on the NHS so non-urgent hospital visits will be put off.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:23 am

rockyfowler wrote:Steady as she goes we are all in this venture together :grin: It`l be just like we were in 1972 :thumbup:

I'll get me flares and platforms out :P

.....just a min need to blow my nose :shock:
Northern Lass

Postby rockyfowler » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:51 am

We had a beautiful Sunday then and today? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K37BhzM0I8I
rockyfowler

Postby Rob » Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:20 pm

I woke up saturday morning feeling strange. Affter Strange got up and made coffee i realised why i had this awful feeling of despair and despondancy. I'd been abandoned by the country of my birth ! We are going back to the days of Marc Bolan and Gary Glitter back to the days of having to report once a year to the Immigration Service. Of having to apply every 2 years for a work permit oh wait i'm retired i dont have to work ! No more free movement for me when touring Europe
I could be a prisoner within the country i live ! Is my passport in order? :shock: :?
Rob

Postby rockyfowler » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:31 pm

It`s the other way round UK has not moved :roll: If people choose to live abroad that is their choice and should be happy and not looking back :idea:
rockyfowler

Postby peterd » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:34 pm

rockyfowler wrote:It`s the other way round UK has not moved :roll: If people choose to live abroad that is their choice and should be happy and not looking back :idea:

That what I've said from the beginning if people choose to make a new life for themselves anywhere in the world then if the UK chooses a different path they should just wish us luck and let us get on with it, if they choose to return then we will still be here
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby Silver surfer » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:37 pm

Well said Peter!!
Researching Foley, Burley, Dean, Danks, Smith, Pugh, Hughes, Shakespeare.
Silver surfer

Postby gardener » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:27 pm

Time to apply for Dutch citizenship Rob!
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby Rob » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:32 pm

You have an Icelandic passport Gardner? I promised me Dad 50 years ago i would never foresake my British passport !! No i'm only kidding but it would be an emotional wrench i think to foresake British citizenship. I don't think i could do it. Who would i support when we compete for the Jules Rimet? :? No i'm going to see whatever comes along and take it on the chin like a British Bulldog !! Rule Brittania Land of Hope and Glory and West Brom for the Double promotion to the Premier and FA Cup winners !! 8) :thumbup: :wink:
Rob

Postby BC Wench » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:39 am

Our daughter who lives abroad had the forethought of applying for a dual passport, but I see that where you are living Rob you can't.
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Postby gardener » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:02 pm

I've kept putting it off, Rob! I felt it was kinda rude while my parents were alive, and then I started getting the stuff together in 2016 mainly because I miss being able to vote. But then I couldn't remember where the paperwork was, finally found it last month and intend doing it soon... just such a bore.
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Next

Return to The Snug