Learn Heir Hunting for a living

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Learn Heir Hunting for a living

Postby rockyfowler » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:36 am

“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Re: Learn Heir Hunting for a living

Postby mallosa » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:35 pm

Thanks RF, a lot to digest but a lot of good advice :wink:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Re: Learn Heir Hunting for a living

Postby BC Wench » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:54 pm

What a coincidence that this topic has cropped up by RF. I was contacted by a research company about a cousin of my Mom's who died intestate. We'll call this cousin Jane Doe for now, who was an only child.

Looking at my family tree, Jane has at least 30 cousins that I know of on my family tree, that's just on Jane's maternal side, without looking at her paternal side. I know of just about 4 of these cousins who are still alive. So, say the 30 cousins got married and had just 2 children each who would inherit (believe me, they had more than 2), this would make 60 heirs.

Now, if I decided to sideline the research company and do it myself, just imagine how much it would cost me to provide birth, marriage and death certificates. :shock:

Okay if you have a small family, but a large one :roll:
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Return to The Snug