Rugby anyone?

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Rugby anyone?

Postby rockyfowler » Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:15 pm

Glad its all over it was on tv all the time -we can now all look forward to none stop election talk :roll: :shock:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Re: Rugby anyone?

Postby gardener » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:12 pm

:-)

It wasn't shown here (well, I could have gone to bar in town but 9am is a bit early for me!) and I was quite relieved, given how it ended.

Following Brexit in great detail. The Embassy keeps having little events in which they reassure us that it will all be fine as long as we have registered here - and I'm assuming that I'm fine as far as that goes.

It's been fascinating watching the direct broadcasts of Democracy in action :roll: Slightly more seriously, it must very worrying for a lot of people. I can't see that an election is going to help in any way at all.
"The present is the key to the past" - Charles Lyell
gardener

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:31 am

rockyfowler wrote:Glad its all over it was on tv all the time -we can now all look forward to none stop election talk :roll: :shock:

I hate rugby and hate footie too
Wolvie loves all that stuff and athletics and superbowl etc hence his slimline figure.. :lol:

He hates family history, sorting anything out that takes effort :roll:
Northern Lass

Postby rockyfowler » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:59 am

Christmas ads started in earnest now on tv :cry: , years ago Christmas used to start a lot later? Are we living faster lives :roll:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:36 pm

rockyfowler wrote:Christmas ads started in earnest now on tv :cry: , years ago Christmas used to start a lot later? Are we living faster lives :roll:

I wish I was living life in the fast lane! :cry:
Northern Lass

Postby rockyfowler » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:42 pm

Hope you are OK NL I didn`t want to depress you but there`s plenty of that with Xmas so close hopefully it`l soon be over and get back to normal :thumbup: :wave:
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:15 am

rockyfowler wrote:Hope you are OK NL I didn`t want to depress you but there`s plenty of that with Xmas so close hopefully it`l soon be over and get back to normal :thumbup: :wave:

The samaritans have blocked me!! :cry:
Northern Lass

Postby rockyfowler » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:56 pm

The samaritans do a good job but there is a big need for more volunteers with better training ie whether we remain or leave Brexit ?? :roll:
rockyfowler

Postby kdwoodie » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:05 am

Jan life in the fast lane is not all it's cracked up to be, take it from someone who knows.
kdwoodie

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:58 am

kdwoodie wrote:Jan life in the fast lane is not all it's cracked up to be, take it from someone who knows.

Me and a fast car!!....
little red sports car...driving along lifes highway...wind in my grey hair...30 miles an hour so as not to go over
the speed limit...taking time to stop for afternoon tea and cake at the over 60's club...does life get any better!

If Rick Stein can do it in his old porche then the world is my oyster...actually he did mussells and fish pie
looked fab.

Fast lane eh kdw.....go on spill! :grin:
Northern Lass

Postby kdwoodie » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:12 am

Been there done that, ended up in the slow lane after heart attack. I'm Kaye if you remember me.
kdwoodie

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:42 am

kdwoodie wrote:Been there done that, ended up in the slow lane after heart attack. I'm Kaye if you remember me.

course I know who you are....my drinking partner at that do in netherton
and huge huge helper on bcc all those years ago xx

Are you ok now? and what are you up to now?
good to see you active on genealogy again...we have missed you

hey remember when we spent all day on genealogy looking for stuff...didn't get dressed
then 4pm suddenly came and nothing but nothing else was done!!
Still use that trick you told me of spraying polish on rads and it seems like whoa!! how busy
cleaning have I been today.... :wink:
Northern Lass

Postby kdwoodie » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:01 am

Doing ok now thanks. Living in Cyprus doing nothing, told to take it easy so thought I would dabble in genealogy again.

The hours we spent at the archives it's a wonder we got anything done. Don't need to do the polish on radiators trick now, we don't have any.
kdwoodie

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:49 pm

kdwoodie wrote:Doing ok now thanks. Living in Cyprus doing nothing, told to take it easy so thought I would dabble in genealogy again.

The hours we spent at the archives it's a wonder we got anything done. Don't need to do the polish on radiators trick now, we don't have any.

I know nothing but nothing got done..I was a permanent fixture at the archives.
you take it easy and keep well :wink:
Northern Lass

Return to The Snug