Tribute to our friend Derek aka sparkstopper

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Re: Tribute to our friend Derek aka sparkstopper

Postby Rob » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:59 am

Such sad news. It seems just lately it's every week a friend is being taken from us. i was only wondering the other day i haven't heard from Sparky for a time on Facebook. A gentle man who was straight and to the point.He pulled me into line a couple of times during the last 10 years. I'll miss Sparky RIP God Bless
Rob

Postby rockyfowler » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:32 am

A pic posted on Ancestry Tree
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:25 am

What a handsome man he was just beautiful all round.
Still can,t believe he is not with us
Today I believe is his funeral
Rip derek xx
Northern Lass

Postby mallosa » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:44 am

I can't believe it either Jan! I was talking to Jo yesterday about him!!
Yes RIP Derek and.....KRO
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby peterd » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:52 am

RIP Derek
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby Margarett » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:00 am

R.I.P. Derek.
Margarett

Postby oscar » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:09 pm

Only just seen this ,he was my cousin of sorts our grandfathers were brothers .He helped me enormously in the early days ,sad news indeed.
oscar

Postby mallosa » Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:27 am

Yes Oscar, it really is sad!

For others reading this, here is that connection

https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... ver=476221

and Kendall Family photos here...

gallery/album.php?album_id=178
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:28 am

oscar wrote:Only just seen this ,he was my cousin of sorts our grandfathers were brothers .He helped me enormously in the early days ,sad news indeed.

Would you like me to add your message to Bcc we have a tribute for Sparks on there

I still can't believe he has gone.
Northern Lass

Postby oscar » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:37 pm

please do
oscar

Postby Lulu » Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:04 pm

I've today only just got around to confirming my fears that Derek was no longer with us. So sad for his family and friends, he was a lovely man.

We had been in contact quite a bit, as I had been surprised to find the daughter of a previously unknown Great Aunt of my Husband's had married into the Weston family and that my Mother in Law had known one Birmingham branch of his family well. Derek put me in touch with with a cousin, Val. I'd recently found a Christmas card from her in my Mother in Law's effects. It was really strange to find my Londoner Husband had Black Country links.

Some months ago, I noticed Derek's Facebook Profile had become inaccessible, he was in a Facebook Group I run. Unfortunately it was at a bad time for us as my Husband had suddenly became very seriously ill, resulting in him being rushed a long way off to Coventry, for emergency heart surgery. His recovery didn't run smoothly, as with all the follow up hospital visits, he managed to be one of the very early Covid cases in the UK. We came even closer to losing him with that, than we had with his heart valve replacement. Always generous, he passed the virus onto me and although I had a milder form, it has taken me 7 months to feel remotely back to normal health and I am only just starting to have an interest in my family history again. Today I saw Derek hadn't signed into Ancestry for over a year, which seemed to confirm my worst fears and sadly, I see I was right.

So although I'm late hearing this news, It's still very sad. Rest in peace Derek. x
Just because you're Paranoid, it doesn't mean to say they're not out to get you.
Lulu

Postby grangers14 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:58 pm

He was a very lovely man...very sad :cry:

Goodness what a dreadful time you and your family have had. I hope things improve for you all.
grangers14

Postby Lulu » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:27 am

Thank you. We are very grateful to still be here and now in reasonable health. Which is just as well, as we have close family now very much in need of our support.

Sad times for so many.

Keep safe. x
Just because you're Paranoid, it doesn't mean to say they're not out to get you.
Lulu

Previous

Return to The Snug