Ever regretted a big purchase?

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Ever regretted a big purchase?

Postby Mrs.S2012 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:58 pm

Having huge regrets about a car I bought a couple of months ago.. Its a perfectly good car but I got caught up in the whole sales BS and ended up trading in my old car and parting with quite a huge chunk of my savings to get this new one. Now I have the worse case of buyers remorse and its driving me insane! I much preferred my old car to this new one and I can't stop thinking about the money I've just wasted for no good reason, if I was happy with the car I'd probably get over it but tbh I'm really not impressed and am wishing to god I had not even visited the show room. I'm really not the sort of person who has money to throw around.
Absolutely nothing I can do about it now which stings but its making me miserable, just wondered if anyone here has been in a similar position (with any big purchase, not necessarily a car) and how you got over it?
Mrs.S2012

Re: Ever regretted a big purchase?

Postby Rob » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:59 pm

I sympathize with you Mrs whats your name ? .S2012 sorry i thought the S was a 5. You're going to have to get over it for your own piece of mind. Is there anything wrong mechanically with your new purchase? Put it down to experience and carry on. Easier said than done right? When i've wasted money or overspent i do without for a few days. A couple less beers dont stop for a coffee at the tennis club go straight home. After a few days you seem to accept the fact. Put it down to experience and try to enjoy your new car. Oh and never trust a Salesperson ( and its mostly men and not women) in a dark suit and brown shoes !!!
Rob

Postby Mrs.S2012 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:40 am

It is a very expensive lesson.. Which are always the most painful.
It's a perfectly good car.. Actually its the same as my old one just a new version.. But it was just unnecessary and I'm kicking myself a little that I've wasted money when I don't have money to waste!
Mrs.S2012

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:53 am

Open a bottle of good wine, put on some good music like the killers
And ..as someone once said to me...take time to smell the roses..and if that doesn't work..
Open another bottle!

Life is full of regrets the trick is to keep looking forward.
:grin:
Northern Lass

Postby Rob » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:48 am

I don't want to encourage you Mrs.S2012 to drink but thats sound advice from Northern Lassie .Take time to smell the roses and if that doesn't work open another bottle hmmm good advice that. Don't know about The Killers though that Brandon's getting to look like a bit of a wimp since he discarded his flower coats. Myself i'd put a Last of The Shadow Puppets album on but it's all a matter of personal choice Mrs.S2012 . Good luck.
Rob

Postby rockyfowler » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:49 pm

Check out cheaper similar cars test drive them if you like swop while new car is worth some decent money also some manufacturers offer money off coupons- If you are cash buyer buy on the cheaper car on finance deals then pay the 1st instalment Full cash to clear all payments with no interest always check with dealer first (saves a few quid) Otherwise just enjoy your car and save up for next if possible Kind Regards RF :cry:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Mrs.S2012 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:17 pm

I don't think getting rid of this car without losing more money is an option.
I'll just try to enjoy it.. Or at least accept it. I should be grateful of having a nice working car after years of being so skint I could only afford old bangers!
No wine in the house but a nice cup of Yorkshire tea is hitting the spot right now!
Mrs.S2012

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:19 pm

Rob wrote:I don't want to encourage you Mrs.S2012 to drink but thats sound advice from Northern Lassie .Take time to smell the roses and if that doesn't work open another bottle hmmm good advice that. Don't know about The Killers though that Brandon's getting to look like a bit of a wimp since he discarded his flower coats. Myself i'd put a Last of The Shadow Puppets album on but it's all a matter of personal choice Mrs.S2012 . Good luck.

Did you see them at Glastonbury
He is still a good showman
Full of energy and youth!
Northern Lass

Postby peterd » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:19 pm

Northern Lass wrote:
Did you see them at Glastonbury
He is still a good showman
Full of energy and youth!

who rob with his ukulele ?
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby Rob » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:22 pm

Northern Lass has never seen me or my ukelele Peterd but it was good though dont you think. Showed promise i thought. I wont give up my day job but it was good.
Rob

Postby peterd » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:39 pm

Rob wrote:Northern Lass has never seen me or my ukelele Peterd but it was good though dont you think. Showed promise i thought. I wont give up my day job but it was good.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Return to The Snug