Blackcountry Bugle Site

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Blackcountry Bugle Site

Postby rockyfowler » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:13 am

This site has been merged with birmingham so is now defunct - some links to the dead original site are in BCC so may need removing such as https://www.tribalpages.com/tribe/brows ... ver=463510 Regards RF :(
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Re: Blackcountry Bugle Site

Postby Rob » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:33 pm

What's the new site called Rocky?
Rob

Postby grangers14 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:44 am

That is such a shame! Have all the reports gone? I have done a quick search to see if I can find that story but nothing...
grangers14

Postby rockyfowler » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:43 am

I think the Blackcountry Bugle died a few years ago it was rescued? by this media group and nearly scrapped but still limps on -too dear for me pity it used to be sooo good :cry:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby rockyfowler » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:03 am

Rob -just follow the link in post - it leads to Blackcountry new site I think its a bit of a mess site be careful on what you press on that site -some get rich schemes please be careful :shock:
Last edited by rockyfowler on Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rockyfowler

Postby rockyfowler » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:43 am

I think the blackcountry was named after the coal seam that nears the surface in our area -seem to have read that somewhere ? :?:
rockyfowler

Postby Rob » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:24 pm

One of the reasons for the demise of the Black country Bugle is going from a monthly to a weekly newspaper and Social Media.Sorry thats two reasons. I find all that i'm interested in on Facebook. The different Sites and old photos that are discussed on there is more up to date and fits into this modern world. Who said that? Oh yeah This is the Modern World "The Jam". I think its a shame that BC are having hard times i've kept every one of them,much to my wifes disgust, and she hasn't seen how many !! Its great to look back through them though. And i have all the Annuals except one but i'll get back to that later.Thats something i'll miss if BC go.
Rob

Postby grangers14 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:13 pm

rockyfowler wrote:I think the blackcountry was named after the coal seam that nears the surface in our area -seem to have read that somewhere ? :?:

I thought it was the smoke from all the works? I suppose both work really.
What link is it please RF?
grangers14

Postby mallosa » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:58 am

rockyfowler wrote:Rob -just follow the link in post - it leads to Blackcountry new site I think its a bit of a mess site be careful on what you press on that site -some get rich schemes please be careful :shock:

Where's this link supposed to be Rocky? :?
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby rockyfowler » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:39 pm

The link in BC --
Added by:sparks...13/5/11.
Added by Jan 16-11-13
Article in Black Country Bugle.
Forgotten Heroes-
Three brave brothers-in-arms from Old Hill without a war memorial here
updated by San 8/3/2014...
...more
And all the links you put in

About Sidaway, James
Added by:sparks...13/5/11.

Added by Jan 16-11-13
Article in Black Country Bugle.
Forgotten Heroes-
Three brave brothers-in-arms from Old Hill without a war memorial here

updated by San 8/3/2014...
Three forgotten Old Hill brothers may be honoured at last
Follow up article and photo in the Black Country Bugle

updated by San 7/10/2014.

Three forgotten Old Hill brothers will be honoured 98 years on

Pte. James Sidaway 1/5 South Staffs - killed on October 13, 1915, aged 19

I haven`t put the link on because it is an advert site some care needed :o
rockyfowler

Postby grangers14 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:19 pm

I thought there was a missing link at first not by the link on BCC.
Well they need to be looked at, deleted and may be changed to say they were on there? ? Have the papers been preserved or digitised do you know?
I have some papers, I will check if I have any of them. I could photocopy.
I will see what I can find on BCC.
grangers14

Postby grangers14 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:40 pm

It looks like James Sidaway has been changed. If you see any please say and I will change it. Thank you :)
grangers14

Return to The Snug