RIP Scott Walker

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

RIP Scott Walker

Postby BC Wench » Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:30 pm

I used to adore Scott Walker in my teens. Saw the Walker Brothers at Dudley Hippodrome in the 1960s and swoooon, big sigh, aahh!!

Really weird that a couple of weeks ago we were at a pub quiz and one of the questions was, Who were real brothers out of these groups, Righteous Brothers, Doobie Brothers, Walker Brothers. Well, I knew that the Righteous Brothers and Walker Brothers weren't actually brothers, so we put down Doobie Brothers, not knowing anything about them apart from their stage name. Quizmaster said that Walker Brothers was the answer. Ooh! I was adamant that he was wrong so I questioned the quizmaster and he said he had checked on the internet, everybody else got their phones out checking, one even coming over to me to show me I was wrong. I still stood my ground and even said the Walker Brothers actual names. Then it came to light for them after reading more info on their phones, that they took Walker as their stage name.

Anyway, it didn't make any difference because we didn't win the quiz :lol:
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Re: RIP Scott Walker

Postby rockyfowler » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:41 pm

The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore :cry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q11ium_-Lv8
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Re: RIP Scott Walker

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:51 am

Great voice Scott walker
Started to play my Burt baccarach cd again
Some great music of the 60's
Northern Lass

Return to The Snug