Happy Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Happy Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!

Postby grangers14 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:35 pm

Just wishing everyone here a Very Happy Christmas and a Very Happy and Healthy New Year!

Bit quiet on here at the moment but we all have family and pressing life issues and of course health and that I have been short of for a while!
Wishing you all much love and happiness. Of course too to crack down many of our Brickwalls! ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I65_S78WHJY
Jo :) :thumbup: :wave:
grangers14

Re: Happy Christmas and a Very Happy New Year!

Postby rockyfowler » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:06 am

Seasons Greetings To All And A Peacefull happy New Year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmwGHAy ... yw6gM&t=11 :-D :thumbup:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:58 am

Merry Christmas to all on Genealogy Forum uk
Hope you have a great christmas and get lots of Unicorns!!
They are the way to go this Christmas.....sooooooooooooooo fluffy!!

Unicorns Unicorns!!
Unicorns I love them!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvrlZIImVSE

:crazy: :crazy:
Northern Lass

Postby mallosa » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:39 pm

Thanks for your Christmas wishes NL, RF and Jo

Can I also wish everyone all the best for Christmas and the New Year

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d4/7a/6c ... 0d3039.jpg
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby Rob » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:43 am

Merry Christmas everyone. Love and peace to you all xxx
My favourite Christmas song at the minute ( zzzzz).....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5CaLcAA7ek
Rob

Postby Frodo » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:19 pm

Hope everyone on the Forum has a Happy Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Frodo

Postby peterd » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:12 am

Happy Christmas everyone and a merry new year, hope next years better than last year for everyone
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby mjay » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:33 am

Hope everyone has a lovely christmas and heres to a healthy and happy new year. 8)
Researching: Yates,Hunt,Brookes,Artess,Sheldon,Thornton,Hooper,Crowley,Lacy,Downes,Weaver,Artess
mjay

Postby BC Wench » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:49 pm

DITTO from me as well. You've probably seen this before, but it's worth another read. xx

The Black Country Nativity
(only Black Country folk will able to read this)
Thee'a wos a wench nairmed Mary and er lived in a plairce called Nazareth. One day er mum went out an er was left do do the ousewerk.
All a sudden the room went all bright and when er turned round er saw somebody stondin by the winda. Er wor arf surprised and nearly fell off er cheer.
“Oom you?” er asked, “yo day arf gie me a tern.”
“Doh be scared,” answered the bloke. “I wo urt ya. Me name’s Gabriel, an arm an angel.”
“Yo ay, am yer?” said Mary.
“I am,” ee replied. “An I’ve cum to tell ya summat.
“What?” said Mary, cause er was thinking what a carry on this was.
Yo’m gooin ter av a babby.”
That shook er, and er looked at im an said: “Doh be saft. I ay marrid.”
“That do mek no difference,” ee answered. “If God says yo’ll av a babby, yo’ll ava a babby, yo will an that’s it. Yo’ve got ter call im Jesus.”
Mary was still a bit shook, so the angel said: “An arl tell yer summat else. Yo ay the only one oos gooin to ave a babby. Yer cousin Elizabeth is gooin ter ave one an all, an er’s an old woman.”
“Well, if you say so, ar suppose that’s it,” said Mary. “Me chap wo arf be surprised.”
When eed gone, Mary med up er mind to goo and see Elizabeth an went off ter Juda.
Elizabeth was waiting at the gate an when er saw Mary er said: “Ar ay arf glad to see yo, but fancy yo cummin to see we in yor state.”
Mary answered: “An angel cum an sid me, an arm gooin to av a babby in December.”
Elizabeth told Mary that er old man, Zacharias, day believe er when er told him about the babby, an ee were speechless.
“Ee cor spake a werd now,” er said.
The chap what Mary was engaged to was called Joseph. When Mary told im about the babby er was having, ee day know what to think.
Ee said: “Yor mum wo arf kick up a chow row.”
Any road, ee day get is air off, an when ee went ter bed that night, an angel cum to im in a dream. “Doh get mad at Mary about the babby,” ee told im.
“It’s God’s son er’s avin, an is name’s Jesus. Sumbody’s got ter av im, or ee wo get born, an yower Mary was picked.
“So just yo marry er, me mate. There ay nuthin ter worry about.”
Soon after they was married, Joseph cum in an told Mary: “Arv ad a letter from the tax mon, and that Ceasar says as we’ve got to goo to wheer we was born to be taxed. So we’ve go to traipse all the way to Bethlehem next wick.”
Mary cut sum sandwiches an packed a few cairkes an opples.
Then er med a bottle a tay, an when they’d ad a daysent breakfast, Joseph got the donkey out, put Mary on, an away they went.
“Cheer up, our kid. It ay far now,” Joseph told er.
“We’ll soon av a rest. I keep gettin bricks an sond in me sandals.”
When they got into town, Joseph knocked on the door of an inn an asked for a double room.
The bloke what answered said: “I cor elp yer. There’s that mony on em eere they’m avin ter sleep in the passage.”
The next un was like it an all, but Joseph said to the chap: “Ain’t there anywhere we can goo? My missus is out theer on a donkey, an er’s gooin ter av a babby soon.”
The chap scratched his yed and said: “We cleaned the stable out after tay, so it ay mucky. If I shift a couple of osses an a camel, you could kip down theer.”
“We’ll tek it,” said Joseph, straight off.
In the noight, Mary woke Joseph up an said: “The babby’s ere.” So Jesus was born, an they wrapped im up tight an put im in the manger what the osses et out on. Mary an Joseph wor arf proud. The innkeeper cum with is missus an brought Mary sum ot milk.
They thought Jesus was a bostin little lad an the innkeeper said to Joseph: “Yo’d better cum an av a drink to wet is yed.” So he did.
Up in the ills, there was sum shepherds luckin after the sheep. It was cold, so they was sittin by the fire lettin their dogs do the werk while they ad summat to eat an a smoke.
Suddenly the sky lit up loike bonfire noight, an an angel cum. They day know owt about angels and they was that frittened they all fell on the ground.
“Yo’m a silly lot,” said the angel. “I shore urt yer. I got a message for yer.
“There’s a baby bin born in Bethlehem. Is name is Jesus an ees God’s son. Goo an ave a look at im. Ee’s in a stable lyin in a manger.”
Any road up, they cum down the ill into Bethlehem. One said: “It’s or roight im sayin we’ll find the babby in a stable, but they’m all over the plairce. We cud be looking for wicks.” Then they eard their mate’s whistle an they fun em outside a stable built in a cave. Someone whispered: “Doh mek such a clatter. We’m ere.” One knocked on the door and Mary called: “Come in.”
They took off their ats an went in on tip toe.
The chief shepherd said: “Adoo missus. A angel tode we ter cum an see yower babby.”
Mary smiled and beckoned them in. Joseph said: “Eere ee is. Cum an look, but mind you doh breathe on is face.”
The shepherds knelt down round the manger an looked. “Ay ee tiny?” said the youngest. “An ay ee got little onds?”
“Course ee’s tiny, yo saft ayporth,” said the leader, “ee’s new, ay ee?”
“I know that,” said the young un, “but you cor imagine God bein little, can yer?”
Mary smiled an said: “Oil spin sum wool an knit im a jumper, an is dad’ll play the flute ter mek him sleep.”
The shepherds turned to goo, an little Jesus smiled. The leader said after as it wind, an all babbies did it, but ee wor as sure as ee med out.
While all this was a-gooin on, three wise kings was in a country far away lookin at stars.
Suddenly, one on em put down is telescope an called: “Cum eer yo lot. Oi’ve fun a star wot wor theer afore, and it ay arf a big un.”
“Yo’m roight mate,” they said then they looked. “Oil bet it’s that one what’s to tell us a new king was born.” They checked up an it was.
One day, they cum to Jerusalem an went up to the Palace an knocked on the door. A sentry opened it an they asked: “Is the King in?”
The sentry said: “Arf a mo, Oil goo an see.”
The King’s name was Erod, an ee was in.
“There’s three kings to see yo,” the soldier told im. “Oh ar?” said Erod. “Weer?” Ee ad a fit when the soldier told im “Outside.”
“Yo cor leave kings standin on the step,” said Erod. “Get em in.”
So they all come in, an Erod said ow noice to see em an wot cud ee do fer emn. They said they was looking fer a new king, and wondered if ee was theer.
Erod said: “Ee ay ere, but when yo’ve fun im, drop in on the way back so’s Oi can goo anay a look meself.”
They said “Righto,” an off they went.
When they’d gone, Erod said to isself: “Theer’s ony room fer one king ere, an Oi’m it. When Oi know weer the new un is, Oi’ll have im killed.”
The star stopped over the ouse where Jesus was, an the kings day worry cos it wor a Palace. They went in an knelt down by Jesus an gid him their gold, frankincense and myrhh.
Mary looked at the presents an said: “Thank yo, they’m smashin, but Oi’ll keep em till ee’s bigger, if yo doh moind.”
The kings took off their crowns and bowed.
Then they said: “Tarrah abit,” an went all the way back wum.
But they day goo back past Erod’s palace cos a angel ad told em what a awful bloke Erod was, an ow ee wanted to kill the little Jesus.
(Translate it for the brummies ;) and posh folk)
Researching: PARGETER, BELCHER, BRADLEY, DANDO, ROWLEY, ROWSELL
BC Wench

Postby linell » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:00 am

Seasons Greetings to one and all from me :)
linell

Postby SRD » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:42 am

Merry Christmas All
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby sparkstopper » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:09 pm

HAPPY CHRISTMAS and Best Wishes to all BCCs.....
Lets hope we get a catchup this year for our 200,000 th.
Semper Paratus:
sparkstopper

Postby Northern Lass » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:05 am

sparkstopper wrote:HAPPY CHRISTMAS and Best Wishes to all BCCs.....

Yep will try and sort something out for next year. :wink:
Northern Lass

Postby peterd » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:24 am

Northern Lass wrote:

try to let me know as soon as poss so i can book hotel and holiday in
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby Northern Lass » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:54 am

peterd wrote:
Northern Lass wrote:

try to let me know as soon as poss so i can book hotel and holiday in

Going to go with August will put a post on soon.
It will be wolverhampton area pub..going to suss out some venues.
Northern Lass

Next

Return to The Snug