Uni

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Uni

Postby mjay » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:45 am

Hi all
How you all doing? I have been checking in and can see you've all been busy.
I haven't been around as we've been busy preparing our son for uni. We Didn't find out until a month before move in date that he was accepted (complications). Why is nothing ever straight forward)
Well me laddo is settled into uni, so hoping to get back into contributing again on here.
Oh and it's oh so quiet here so please shout up so I can hear you if you wants me 8)
Researching: Yates,Hunt,Brookes,Artess,Sheldon,Thornton,Hooper,Crowley,Lacy,Downes,Weaver,Artess
mjay

Re: Uni

Postby Frodo » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:23 pm

Yes it's very quiet when the first leave and hectic when they come home for the holidays.
Frodo

Postby Rob » Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:23 pm

MANDY !!!!!
Rob

Postby mjay » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:25 am

Hi ya Rob speak up I cor ere ya :lol:
Researching: Yates,Hunt,Brookes,Artess,Sheldon,Thornton,Hooper,Crowley,Lacy,Downes,Weaver,Artess
mjay

Postby mallosa » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:36 pm

:shh:

WHAT'S HE STUDYING MANDY?
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby mjay » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Hi ya San

He's doing Tv Film and digital production.
This is the child that all through school and 6th form never wanted uni.
We're so proud of him as It's a massive step out of his comfort zone, especially moving away from friends n family 8)
mjay

Postby mallosa » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:01 pm

I bet you'll find it'll be the making of him Mandy :wink:

By the way, when does Peaky Blinders start?
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby mjay » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:12 pm

Everything I've seen about peakies just says coming soon to BBC2 8)

Wants to hurry up
mjay

Postby grangers14 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:01 pm

Scary and exciting for them isn' it? Oh I remember the day our eldest went off to Uni like it was yesterday. I was all planned, stuff bought and instructions to cook things and how to wash and iron! :lol: I had no tears...as we were about to leave he said to his Dad look after Mum won't you! Well... :cry: Oh my! Soon after he came back every weekend, washing in hand and fresh and cooked food to take back! :lol:
He since after his degree done his masters in International development and human rights law. Teaches English in China now :o previous South Korea and doing masters in education. I am well proud of him, as I am all my children. Good luck to him and I hope he fills all his dreams! Yep be proud!
Jo :)
grangers14

Return to The Snug