Are you all keeping up with the technology and music

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Are you all keeping up with the technology and music

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:34 am

Well are you?

I ain't!!
Wolvie is trying to keep up with the techie stuff bless him.

As a child of the 70's I thought I would always be there knowing all the latest bands but as the years have gone on
I seem to have stopped in the 80's and then had a resurgence with Coldplay -Keane- The Killers in the last 10 years but nothing new since
and...I seem to be harping back to music like Glen Campbell and the Carpenters...is this it! Is it time to get out the comfy slippers!

:(
Northern Lass

Re: Are you all keeping up with the technology and music

Postby Lulu » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:41 am

I like quite a bit of contemporary stuff but what I can't like is when I'm enjoying a song and some damn rapper comes in on the middle of it, even Coldplay have done it on their latest.

I love this one, even though the lyrics are incomprehensible and when I looked them up, they made hardly any more sense. :lol: I especially like the Katy Perry section and then have to 'zone out' when Big Sean comes in with his bit :cry: He's the same bloke that ruins the Coldplay song.

Sorry about the Ad at the start. https://youtu.be/ozv4q2ov3Mk
Just because you're Paranoid, it doesn't mean to say they're not out to get you.
Lulu

Re: Are you all keeping up with the technology and music

Postby Rob » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:38 am

I do try my best to keep up with all the latest technology and music trends but i have to admit even i get confused. I do seem to be getting nostalgic for 70's music at the moment. I can't stand this strange English accent thats creeping into our music. Singing in that accent annoys and irrritates me.What is it a sort of multiracial dialect thats being .... Street Talk ... thats what it is. I suppose. :? Micheal Shearer .thats not his name is it. Anyway they're all raving about him and i watched him at Glastonbury. I sat there and ... nothing !! Maybe it's cos he's got Ginger hair i thought but i'm not a shallow person. The Dualers !! They're getting a big following on You Tube.You Tubes great best thing they've ever invented !! Sheenan ? Is that his name? Oh hang on my I phones ringing or is it a Smart phone?
Rob

Return to The Snug