Sun loungers and Towels

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Sun loungers and Towels

Postby Northern Lass » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:28 pm

Not put my towel on a sunlounger abroad for years!!

But please tell me they don't still do this!!
Saw on This morning that they queue for an hour and then when gates open all run like mad to
bag a sunlounger and put their towel on it.

:roll:
Northern Lass

Re: Sun loungers and Towels

Postby Lulu » Sat Aug 05, 2017 7:04 am

The hotel where we stayed last year, in Corfu, was adults only :grin: and bagging sunbeds wasn't allowed. Even if you had been using the beds but then left your towels and went off elsewhere for more than an hour, the towels would be removed. I thought that was fair and sensible.
Just because you're Paranoid, it doesn't mean to say they're not out to get you.
Lulu

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:47 am

Saw the programme last night and it was orrible!!
4.30 some of them were up to put their towels down.

How did they monitor that then Lulu ....how would they know how long someone with a sunbed had gone for?
stopwatch? 8)
Northern Lass

Postby Lulu » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:21 am

Don't suppose they did it to the last minute :lol: but a rough idea and so people knew what the rules were. You couldn't just book yourself a sunbed for the day and then walk of to the village for a couple of hours and leave them not being used. There were a lot of staff and they seemed to monitor the situation well.
Just because you're Paranoid, it doesn't mean to say they're not out to get you.
Lulu

Postby Lulu » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:24 am

Bought a mobile home in Newquay Wales now. So holidays there don't exactly have sunbed issues, more, where are my wellies and raincoat. :lol: :roll:
Lulu

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:26 am

I've always found it degrading and common. I'm from Oldbury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijB9I92fAHE
Rob

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:31 am

Mobile home in Newquay nice one Lu. Like old times on here.You me and the Northern Lass.
Rob

Postby Lulu » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:33 am

Rob wrote:I've always found it degrading and common. I'm from Oldbury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijB9I92fAHE

:lol: If I can't afford to stay somewhere 'posh' I don't go, which is why we don't go every year. We're pensioners now, so not up to a sunbed dash.
Lulu

Postby Lulu » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:34 am

Rob wrote:Mobile home in Newquay nice one Lu. Like old times on here.You me and the Northern Lass.

She should join us on Facebook Rob :wink:
Lulu

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:15 am

Lulu wrote:
Rob wrote:Mobile home in Newquay nice one Lu. Like old times on here.You me and the Northern Lass.

She should join us on Facebook Rob :wink:

where is the link then guys!

so you living in Wales not Worcs now Lulu?
Northern Lass

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:19 am

I've heard there are quite a few interesting groups on there now.Local history and genealogy. I do frequent Facebook occasionally but i dont really see myself as a Facebook contributor i kind of like to keep my thoughts and opinions to myself. I'm what you probably call a reclusive private person.
Last edited by Rob on Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:23 am

Keep up Northern Lass it's a mobile home in Newquay,Wales that she uses for hoidays.So sunbed races are a thing of the past. :roll:
Rob

Postby Lulu » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:19 pm

Rob wrote:Keep up Northern Lass it's a mobile home in Newquay,Wales that she uses for hoidays.So sunbed races are a thing of the past. :roll:

It's her age. :wink:

What used to be called a static caravan in our day, only they come up much bigger these days. Our two boys and their families are there this weekend and apparently actually having some sun. Unlike Worcester which is in the middle of another thunderstorm. :roll: So no sunbeds here either.
Lulu

Postby Lulu » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:20 pm

Rob wrote:I've heard there are quite a few interesting groups on there now.Local history and genealogy. I do frequent Facebook occasionally but i dont really see myself as a Facebook contributor i kind of like to keep my thoughts and opinions to myself. I'm what you probably call a reclusive private person.

:lol: Someone else must have access to your account then.
Lulu

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:06 pm

Well it was most pleasant talking to you Lu. Don't be a stranger. :thumbup:
Rob

Next

Return to The Snug