What`s happened to Kitkat

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

What`s happened to Kitkat

Postby rockyfowler » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:47 pm

Favourite chocolate bar till today -they have changed the recipe- it says extra milk and cocoa- tastes horrible :shock:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Re: What`s happened to Kitkat

Postby Rob » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:07 pm

None of our gang had Toblerone chocolate as kids.It was far too expensive and only the posh kids,you know the ones with fitted carpets and fridges had it. We were delayed in Madrid Airport on the way to the Canary Islands back in the 70's and we,the passengers, were issued with luncheon vouchers.To my wife's astonishment i spent it all on blocks of Toblerone.And you know what it wasn't a patch on Aeros or Galaxy !!! Years later i told this little ditty to my kids and now every year at Christmas i get a big block of Toblerone. And a bag of wine gums !! I still love to fill my mouth to overflowing with them.
Oh sorry Rocky you were sayimg ...KitKat have changed the recipe? And it tastes horrible..
Rob

Postby rockyfowler » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:56 pm

Might change to toblerone and wine gums sounds lovely instead of turkey at Christmas :idea:
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:58 am

Don't get me started on how everything has shrunk these days! :shock:

Club Orange...had one t'other day and it was tiny!! used to be thick and block like a real chunk!!
now it is small and one bite and it has gone!!

and cadburys have changed their choc too.

Either things are smaller or my gob is bigger!!

any derogatory comments about my gob will be met by a boot up the jacksie!! :twisted:
Northern Lass

Postby Jimmy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:24 am

No Comment Jan :silent: :silent: :silent:
Jimmy

Postby rockyfowler » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:30 am

The tins of celebrations used to be miniatures of the real ones -now they are the same size almost :shock: Even Mr Kipling should have gone to S----savers his cakes are tiny and aren`t really cakes :cry:
rockyfowler

Postby grangers14 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:52 pm

Things will change more as they reduce sugars in things too. :o
I used to have to my jobs for the week and when I went to get my dads paper on a Sunday I was allowed either a Mars bar or Marathon, I couldn't eat a whole one! :o
Very rare I eat anything sweet now...good job if kitkats are not so good! Used to be one of my favorite things!
grangers14

Return to The Snug