Whats happened to the gallery?

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Whats happened to the gallery?

Postby rockyfowler » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:50 am

Probably one of the best hidden feature-(Needs putting with its own heading?) of the site and can`t be accessed :?
“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Re: Whats happened to the gallery?

Postby Rob » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:15 am

What gallery's that then Rocky?
Rob

Postby rockyfowler » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:18 pm

“You know you’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoelaces and wonder what else you could do while you’re down there.” ― George Burns
rockyfowler

Postby SRD » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:08 am

I'm getting a 404 error message. I'll message the boss.
Currently investigating the Hillmans of Sussex.
SRD

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:29 am

Which bit of the gallery?
cos I have just clicked on this and it seems ok
gallery/index.php
Northern Lass

Postby rockyfowler » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:43 am

Two places for Gallery? one has been discontinued? index.php Click on Blackcountry Gallery for error
rockyfowler

Postby admin » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:32 pm

Thanks for pointing that out rocky. The gallery URL structure changed slightly when we switched to SSL throughout. The link mentioned was a static one, which needed updating, but had got overlooked. Should be OK now :-)
Dominic
Genealogyforum.co.uk webmaster and administrator
admin
Site Admin

Postby mallosa » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:40 pm

rockyfowler wrote:Probably one of the best hidden feature-(Needs putting with its own heading?) of the site and can`t be accessed :?

OMG! That's my baby! :o

Haven't been on for a few days and look what happened! Thanks RF those kind words and alerting us :wink:

and thanks SRD and Admin (the boss)for sorting :clap:
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby rockyfowler » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:07 am

Some Ancestry trees use the photos so its a good resource https://www.ancestry.co.uk/family-tree/ ... 4eed00d992 8)
rockyfowler

Postby Rob » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:39 am

Come on Sandra !!! You have to keep your finger on the pulse you know !! Baby Boomers avoir une certaine norme pour vous faire savoir !!
Well spotted Rocky !!
Rob

Postby mallosa » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:43 am

:? I can't reply Rob cos I don't know what you said! Ha! Ha!
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby Rob » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:52 am

:eh: Oh sorry San i never gave it a thought.Brummies cant speak any other languages !! Oh Irish of course. I just complimented you on the good work you put in on this Forum.
Rob

Postby rockyfowler » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:55 am

This may explain it http://www.french.hku.hk/dcmScreen/lang ... quette.htm :wink:

Etiquette and savoir vivre

The French, like all peoples, share a certain number of codes and conventions which regulate the behavior of each one in the life in society. These codes form what is called politeness, savoir vivre, good manners, or even etiquette. These codes of behavior facilitate relations between individuals, they help to create social harmony. They also define what is expected, permitted or prohibited in certain situations, dictate the obligations of each person towards the social hierarchy, between men and women (gallantry).
rockyfowler

Postby Rob » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:40 am

Thats what i said !! I complimented Sandra on her good work.
Rob

Postby mallosa » Wed May 17, 2017 10:36 pm

Just letting you all know that the Gallery is fully up and running as it should now :thumbup:

mallosa

Next

Return to The Snug