Jog on!

A place for general and off-topic chat amongst researchers. Please ensure that all posts remain suitable for a family audience.

Moderators: Northern Lass, admin, peterd

Jog on!

Postby Northern Lass » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:58 pm

So are we all clear on this exercise thing!

Cos I ain't!! :roll:

So you can exercise
but where is the boundary?

ie can you drive to exercise...ie to say a national trust place
or
does it have to be local to your home....and then can you still drive to it?

So all those national trust places can you go to them if in your area.
We went to one before the lockdown...and it was heaving...so even though we have just renewed
our membership we are staying away at the moment.

I think the guidelines to exercise need to be really clear or I might just have to put my feet up and watch tv.!

8)
User avatar
Northern Lass
 
Posts: 42574
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:12 am

Re: Jog on!

Postby peterd » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:46 pm

shouldn't be allowed to drive anywhere for exercise, if you want to walk do it from your front door not travel up to 5 miles in a car just for a walk, if your involved in a car crash which the majority occurs 10 miles or less from home, you maybe tying up ambulances and hospital bed and staff that are needed elsewhere

RANT OVER
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd
 
Posts: 15282
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:33 am
Location: co durham

Re: Jog on!

Postby Northern Lass » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:45 pm

I agree pete
not worth the risk to yourself or others.

Let's hope this vaccine enables us to mingle again.
User avatar
Northern Lass
 
Posts: 42574
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:12 am

Re: Jog on!

Postby Rob » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:17 pm

peterd wrote:shouldn't be allowed to drive anywhere for exercise, if you want to walk do it from your front door not travel up to 5 miles in a car just for a walk, if your involved in a car crash which the majority occurs 10 miles or less from home, you maybe tying up ambulances and hospital bed and staff that are needed elsewhere

RANT OVER

I thought you was having a "Go" at our Janet there Peter ! But she agrees with you. Common sense really. Driving miles just to have exercise ? Ridiculous. Unless of course you live in an area where its not safe to walk or run. Running could be construed in some areas as suspicious i suppose. :-? :-? I think i'll go back to bed and give the matter some thought.
User avatar
Rob
 
Posts: 5666
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:01 pm

Re: Jog on!

Postby Jimmy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:33 pm

Northern Lass wrote:
Let's hope this vaccine enables us to mingle again.


Good idea I like a good mingle.
Jimmy.

Now that i'm what you could describe as an older person i've stopped eating health foods.
I need all the preservatives I can get.
User avatar
Jimmy
 
Posts: 18192
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:40 am

Re: Jog on!

Postby peterd » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:31 pm

Rob wrote:
peterd wrote:shouldn't be allowed to drive anywhere for exercise, if you want to walk do it from your front door not travel up to 5 miles in a car just for a walk, if your involved in a car crash which the majority occurs 10 miles or less from home, you maybe tying up ambulances and hospital bed and staff that are needed elsewhere

RANT OVER

I thought you was having a "Go" at our Janet there Peter ! But she agrees with you. Common sense really. Driving miles just to have exercise ? Ridiculous. Unless of course you live in an area where its not safe to walk or run. Running could be construed in some areas as suspicious i suppose. :-? :-? I think i'll go back to bed and give the matter some thought.



she got to be kept on her toes Rob
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd
 
Posts: 15282
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:33 am
Location: co durham

Re: Jog on!

Postby Northern Lass » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:07 am

peterd wrote:
Rob wrote:
peterd wrote:shouldn't be allowed to drive anywhere for exercise, if you want to walk do it from your front door not travel up to 5 miles in a car just for a walk, if your involved in a car crash which the majority occurs 10 miles or less from home, you maybe tying up ambulances and hospital bed and staff that are needed elsewhere

RANT OVER

I thought you was having a "Go" at our Janet there Peter ! But she agrees with you. Common sense really. Driving miles just to have exercise ? Ridiculous. Unless of course you live in an area where its not safe to walk or run. Running could be construed in some areas as suspicious i suppose. :-? :-? I think i'll go back to bed and give the matter some thought.



she got to be kept on her toes Rob


I'll get me running shoes on then! :grin:
User avatar
Northern Lass
 
Posts: 42574
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:12 am


Return to The Snug

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests