*Archived * -Peplow-Wolverhampton - post 1900

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, peterd

*Archived * -Peplow-Wolverhampton - post 1900

Postby marie » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:10 pm

I need help with details of parents for a John Thomas Peplow (b around 1917), married a Lillian Annie Coats ( b around 1920) pre 1942. Both are now dead. One of their addresses while married was Hartell St, Willenhall, Bilston. Children were Frances, 1942, Barry 1943, also a John and Alan. Supposedly John Thomas Peplow had a brother William. I have found a John born 1914 and William born 1915 that had the same mother (maiden name Burke) but I need the given name of her spouse and the father's name from the John and Lilliamn marriage to confirm these as the same individual. I do real well with before 1900 but after gives me trouble - so can anyone help? Thank you
Marie (GOONS 5318)
Bringing the world together, one surname at a time
http://pepler.tribalpages.com
http://cranberry.tribalpages.com
marie

Re: Wolverhampton - post 1900

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:00 pm

Marie have moved this to the Black Country Section as W'ton comes under that area.... and we can see what we can find for you!

:wink:
ps It can be posted as a Look up for Wolverhampton once we establish which Church... as so many Churches in W'ton.
And we need a year and date /Qtr for someone to look.
But as I say not sure if anyone goes there.
Otherwise it is going thru the complete indexes finding the marriage and sending for it.

this link takes you to a page which had the C of E parish records that W'ton cover ( some may be elsewhere ie Staffs) and Non Conformists

http://www.wolverhamptonarchives.dial.p ... ecords.htm
Northern Lass

Re: Peplow-Wolverhampton - post 1900

Postby Northern Lass » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:08 pm

So we are talking these ones

Births Sep 1914
Peplow John T Burke Wolverhampton 6b 1294

Births Jun 1916
Peplow William A Burke Wolverhampton 6b 1118

it is going to be a look up at the actual archives and they are closed until feb ...and dont think anyone goes from here...but they are very very helpful there and if you know the church..
You are at the family search unit
So if you could narrow down the church...via where they are living... the W'ton archives are open I think for phone calls and would help you with that.

This marriage is so early

Marriages Mar 1901
BUNTING Joseph Wolverhampton 6b 749
BURKE Annie Florence Wolverhampton 6b 749
PEPLOW Joseph Wolverhampton 6b 749
Smith Mary Wolverhampton 6b 749

have you seen all the Peplows married at W'ton on the parish register list...?
1/0381 14 Jan 1862 James Henry Peplow full b Cabinet maker Russell Street Samuel Peplow Shop keeper & Esther Irving full s Russell Street William Irving Gardener B John Haynes & Sarah Kendrick Robert B.Storrey St.Paul
2/0056 18 Aug 1861 John Peplow full w x Miner Horseley Fields Samuel Peplow Miner & Jemima Granger full s x Horseley Fields James Granger Sawyer B Thomas Higgs & Kesiah Jones Moritz Schonberg St.James
1/0081 19 Dec 1865 John Peplow 23 b x Caster Bilston Road John Peplow Tailer & Mary Ann Lowe 33 s Bilston Road Francis Lowe Caster B George & Mary Ann Hill G.H.White St.Luke
3/0130 25 May 1874 John Peplow 24 b Painter Dudley Road Thomas Peplow Labourer & Jane Millward 20 s Oak Street Abraham Millward Coachman B Abraham & Agnes Millward John Powell St.Mark
4/147 22 May 1882 Joseph Peplow 21 b Moulder Ettingshall John Peplow Moulder & Julia Ellis 27 s Ettingshall Edwin Ellis Shingler B Benjamin & Elizabeth Crowther Jas.Seddon Ettingshall
1/0476 1 Jun 1857 Noah Peplow full b x Miner Monmore Green Thomas Peplow Deceased & Harriett Spate full s x Monmore Green John Spate Miner B Edward Cookson & Jane Peplow Benjamin Wright St.Matt
1/0327 5 Nov 1849 Thomas Peplow full w x Miner Bilston Street Thomas Peplow Miner & Rachel Lees full w x House keeper Green Lane Thomas Davis Labourer B Richard & Eliza Davis Philip Whitcombe St.John
2/0235 7 Oct 1861 William Peplow full b Engineer St.Matthew Street John Peplow Deceased & Elizabeth Lloyd full s St.Matthew Street William Lloyd Miner B Joseph Bouker & Sarah Haycock Benjamin Wright St.Matt
3/0356 25 Dec 1872 William Peplow full b x Miner Willenhall Road William Peplow Miner & Ann Maria Carter min s x Willenhall Road Thomas Carter Locksmith B Thomas & Sarah Owen John E.Gladstone St.Matt
Northern Lass

Postby marie » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:51 pm

Thank you for all the help. Where is this parish register list you refer to or is it one that you've put together yourself? It looks great. I'm trying to help someone that is the grandaughter of John Thomas Peploe find her connection to the family, so I've set her to get her grandparents marriage certificate. As you know, I live in Indiana, USA - so getting to registry offices is difficult. If the father ends up being Joseph, I'll have her get the Burke marriage and that should nail which line she connects to.
BTW - would a list of the exact years of the parish records I can access be of any use? These films are on permanent loan at the local family history center and we have the ability to produce a digital image of any of the pages or sections of pages.
Marie (GOONS 5318)
Bringing the world together, one surname at a time
http://pepler.tribalpages.com
http://cranberry.tribalpages.com
marie

Postby Northern Lass » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:55 pm

Hi Marie

Yes please to the list and I can incorporate it into the look up offers section ...thanks.

Ok here is the link...scroll down and it has loads of W'ton Parish registers.

http://www.wolverhamptonhistory.org.uk/ ... ilyhistory

any queries just holla

Northern Lass

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:34 pm

Ok so Marie looks like your going to send off for the certifs on this so do let us know will you if father is a Joseph.
Shame we dont know which Church in W'ton.

Therefore going to archive this pending info on certifs and will bring back when new info forthcoming
So unless otherwise advised this topic will be moved to archived section within 24 hrs
Northern Lass

Return to Black Country: Archived Topics