*Archived * -Is Aston in the Black Country?

Completed discussions and lookup requests. All topics are locked on archive. Please contact a forum moderator if you'd like a thread re-activated.

Moderators: grangers14, admin, Northern Lass, peterd

Re: Is Aston in the Black Country?(Di)

Postby peterd » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:30 pm

well done san at least we now know she was in birmingham area
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

http://www.deneview.co.uk/
peterd

Postby mallosa » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:42 pm

Looking for the marriage but can only find these :?

Marriages Sep 1862

Field William Birmingham 6d 27
Yenn Ann Birmingham 6d 27

Marriages Dec 1863

Harvey Joshua Peart Birmingham 6d 238
Pratt Edward Birmingham 6d 238
Walcot Frances Birmingham 6d 238
(no other)
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby peterd » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:00 pm

wonder if any one can pick that marriage up on ancestry :P
A person should have an opinion on everything, It becomes tact whether you reveal that opinion or not.

peterd

Postby peterd » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:15 am

genes replies

Hi Peter,well not much she was married to Edward Pratt around 1865 and had 5 childrenTheir 3rd child was George who married Annie Shemmans

I dont have much info regarding my Ann Yenn other than the fact that she was married to Edward Pratt and they had 5 Children. They were Edward c1867,Alice c1871, George c1873, Mary c1876 and Fred 1878. The daughter of one of the children married then into the Drew familey in the eartly 1900's.

According to my notes however Catherine was the daughter of John Yenn and Ann Adams however where that came from I have no idea. I know that I found Catherine on the 1951 Census in Darlaston along with a sister but they were recorded as visitors so it was a bit a of a dead end. You would think that such an unusual name would be easy to find. FYI she was my great great grandmother, her daughter also Catherine was my Great Gran

,I have looked for the marriage too and am at a loss as to what happened,I thought it might be at Darleston as she was born there but no luck.I have George Pratt's Birth Certificate and she is on it as Ann Yenn so I know that is right.I have them on the Census 1881 and they have 4 children with them,Alice 11,George 7 Mary Ann 5 and Frederick 3.Then in 1891 Ann is a widow,still with all the children

hope some of this helps barbs there on genes as yenn notice you have it in as yen pete

peterd

Postby mallosa » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:40 am

1871: Bk of 217 Gooch Street, Birmingham

Alice Pratt 2 Dau Birmingham War
Ann Pratt 35 Wife Darlaston, Staffordshire
Edward Pratt 34 Head M Whip Mounter? Birmingham War
Edward Pratt 4 Son Birmingham War
Maria Pratt 72 Mother Birmingham War
If you would like to have your ancestors photo's included in our Gallery, please send me a pm.

Researching: Evans, Rollason, Henley/Hendley, Brookes, Taylor (Wilson - Birmingham)
mallosa

Postby Northern Lass » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:15 am

Not sure if we are finished with this for the moment or not?

so flagging this to see if we can archive it and bring it back if more info is forthcoming?

So unless otherwise advised this topic will be moved to archived section within 24 hrs
think most of it is on Connections

:wink:
Northern Lass

Previous

Return to Black Country: Archived Topics